Vermont Gas Systems
Commercial Integrated Energy Services Lead | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: 85 Swift Street
Vermont Gas Systems, an integrated energy services company that serves over 53,000 families and businesses in Northwest Vermont, is seeking a Commercial Integrated Energy Services Lead to join its Energy Efficiency Team. This individual will play an important role in developing new ways to adapt to a rapidly changing energy efficiency landscape while promoting efficiency and sustainable energy efforts for our commercial customers.
What you will do:
- Perform evaluations and detailed engineering design analyses on commercial, industrial and multi-family residential buildings to identify and quantify thermal energy savings for customers. Develop cost estimates and make recommendations for implementation of energy efficient gas equipment and other savings measures. Provide advice for customers on low cost and lowest life cycle cost energy approaches and alternatives. Conduct cost-effectiveness screenings using VGS analysis tools and other software.
- Identify opportunities to implement energy and cost savings with new and existing natural gas customers. Provide technical expertise to consulting engineers and building contractors on Act 250 permitting, HVAC systems, manufacturing processes, building codes and energy efficiency to maximize savings for customers. Generate and evaluate contracts and proposals to ensure accuracy and cost effectiveness.
- Perform engineering and economic studies to identify the benefits of pursuing new markets for expansion of natural gas sales. Create or adapt energy and cost saving calculation tools and software for new technologies and equipment.
- Support the Key Accounts, which represent a significant portion of the sales volume for VGS, through consistent communication with these customers. This communication should aim:
- To establish a positive relationship with the customer, specifically facilities personnel and decision makers.
- To provide customers with relevant information regarding changes to service, financial/regulatory changes (rates, billing, lock program), DSM opportunities, and any required maintenance.
- To receive feedback regarding service and improve it in the future.
- To identify new opportunities for customers to utilize VGS services and products.
- Active participation in the Consortium for Energy Efficiency and other energy efficiency organizations to identify high efficiency equipment and technologies appropriate for the C&I customers within VGS’ service territory. Encourage the acceptance of cost-effective high efficiency equipment and technologies where appropriate. Work with a variety of partners to develop energy saving calculators and engagement approaches. Interface with other Vermont energy efficiency utility programs. Advocate for VGS and its customer base to ensure smooth program and service delivery.
- Work with Energy Services Manager to evaluate the impact and benefits of the company’s energy efficiency programs. Make recommendations for improvements or implementation of new energy efficiency measures. Keep abreast of new gas technologies, equipment and engineering designs
- Assist Energy Services Manager in developing budgets, goals, internal reports, and responses to regulatory requests related to the efficiency programs. Perform limited post-project measurement and verification of efficiency upgrades to support VGS in achieving successful State audit of energy program savings each year.
- Other duties as required for the position.
Skills that are required for this role:
- Clear and effective communicator including one-to-one connection and public speaking-ability to represent the company in regulatory, sales, and public forum environments.
- An efficient collaborator, a responsive listener, and ability to reliably follow-up on commitments in a way that builds excellent relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that requires flexibility, constant prioritization and project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of energy use and conservation technologies, including natural gas end uses and other fuels.
- Ability to develop, program, and troubleshoot advanced calculations for energy saving measures and potential energy conversation projects. Actively listen to customer needs and able to manage resources to resolve customer issues.
- Ability to translate and effectively communicate complex regulatory, natural gas distribution and energy efficiency concepts to various audiences.
- Excellent technology skills – Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and aptitude to learn and leverage technology solutions for communication, analysis, and efficient workflows.
- Accountable for meeting annual program savings, program implementation in alignment with approved plans, and reporting with accuracy and integrity.
- These skills are normally acquired with a bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of engineering or energy efficiency experience.
You can find a full description and the application here.
At Vermont Gas Systems, we do important work. We deliver essential services that touch people’s lives. We offer customers clean, affordable and reliable thermal energy service, award-winning energy efficiency programs, home and business energy equipment service and maintenance, and a first-in-the-nation renewable option for families and businesses. Our dedicated team of 140 Vermonters is committed to our customers, our communities, our culture and our climate. We offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K, life insurance and disability insurance that is available on day 1. We also offer paid parental leave, generous tuition reimbursement, wellness incentives, and plenty of paid leave time.