Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist | Full Time
Category: Health Care/Personal Care
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Clinical Consultant Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work Wednesdays in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist Responsibilities
- Support medication quality, safety, and trend initiatives within the Pharmacy Department.
- Ensure that all provider, member, and pharmacist consultation initiatives are established and supported according to specifications, and that clinical criteria are appropriate, and in agreement with the program’s intent.
- Serve as a clinical liaison to providers and members regarding specific Blue Cross programs, provide timely responses to their inquiries and maintain documentation of medication therapy management activities, member and provider outreach regarding outcomes.
- Work closely with other members of the pharmacy team, medical staff, customer service, integrated health (quality and case management), payment integrity, and provider relations teams for individual cases as well as health plan initiatives.
- Collaborate with members and providers to develop and achieve optimal goals of medication therapy.
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist Qualifications
- Pharmacist, preferably with advanced clinical training (residency, board certification); client facing experience.
- 5+ years work experience, preferably with Health Plan experience.
- Pharmacist license in Vermont.
- Clinical knowledge with ability to understand financial impact of decisions & strategy. Knowledge of PBM clinical and operational processes & capabilities.
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) certification (BCMTMS) or experience a plus.
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*The full job description is attached to our ADP job posting at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers.
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!