Vermont Natural Resources Council
Climate Action Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 11 Baldwin Street
Vermont Natural Resources Council (VNRC) is seeking a Climate Action Coordinator to help shape public understanding of the value of reducing fossil fuel consumption – through efficiency, conservation, renewable investments, and smart land use practices – and to accelerate individual, community, program and policy solutions to the challenge. The Climate Action Coordinator will help lead the Vermont Energy and Climate Action Network (VECAN), support efforts to implement the Vermont Climate Action Plan through climate mitigation and resilience policies and programs, and assist VNRC’s partner organization – Vermont Conservation Voters (VCV) – to identify climate leaders and elect them to the Vermont Legislature and statewide offices during election years.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Commitment to protecting Vermont’s environment and accelerating access for all Vermonters to fossil-fuel free energy solutions.
- Attention to detail and proven coordination and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Social media, event planning, graphic design, media relations, public speaking/presentation experience helpful.
- VNRC is committed to a process of centering equity, environmental justice, diversity, and inclusion in our work through such values as humility and reciprocity, collaboration and power sharing, and integrity and accountability. Applicants should share a commitment to this effort, and would preferably have direct experience with environmental and social justice.
VNRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates whose identities have been historically underrepresented in the environmental movement, including people who identify as Black, Indigenous, Hispanic or Latino, Asian or Pacific Islander, or people of color; people from marginalized economic backgrounds; and people living with disabilities. We invite candidates with any combination of academic, professional, and life experience who can demonstrate outstanding ability and commitment to Vermont’s communities.
The Climate Action Coordinator is a full-time, hybrid position with a mix of both remote and in-person work at our Montpelier office. Starting salary is commensurate with experience, with total salary and benefits package ranging between $58,500-$66,500. Find out more at https://vnrc.org/join-our-team/
Deadline: September 1, 2023 12:00 am
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters should be addressed to Emily Shaw, Business Manager. Applications are due by Friday, September 1st.