Clean Transportation Consultant | Full Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For more than 30 years, VEIC has worked with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to design and deploy clean-energy services spanning energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and a clean and flexible grid.
VEIC administers three large-scale energy efficiency and decarbonization programs and provides full-service consulting and engineering services. VEIC is nationally recognized for originating pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance emerging technologies and innovative program models.
The Consultant manages day-to-day work on a wide range of large complex projects and project components and conducts a significant amount of project-specific analysis and writing. Assists with new project proposals and marketing efforts focused on Clean Transportation, with a focus on transit and school bus electrification project planning, deployment support, and evaluation. Maintains ongoing relationships with past, current, and possible future customers and business partners to promote clean transportation and periodically brings new work into the group. Regularly represents VEIC at national and international forums.
This role enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking, energy consulting business and is available to work entirely remotely (depending on needs/location) or hybrid with VEIC having physical offices in Winooski, Vermont, and D.C
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Leads medium to large projects promoting cutting-edge energy projects throughout the country. This may include:
- Managing on-going client relationships;
- Facilitating meetings of external working groups;
- Managing the work of other VEIC staff and/or subcontractors; and
- Tracking and management of project budgets.
- Leads content development on large projects.
- Designs, reviews, and/or critiques energy efficiency, clean transportation and renewable energy programs and policies.
- Participates in market strategy and cross functional teams within VEIC in the development of strategies and initiatives related to implementation services.
- Leads development for small to medium proposals and contributes to larger, more complex proposals. Maintains relationships with customers and business partners.
- Represents VEIC and the Energy Services division at national and international forums.
- Participates actively in team meetings/functions and is committed to knowledge transfer and organizational learning; may provide training, guidance and/or direction to other staff members.
- Supports the coordination of activities with other staff, groups, and divisions within VEIC as is necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five or more years of relevant professional experience, including managing projects and client relationships, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired. Five or more years’ experience within the efficiency, clean transportation or renewable energy field(s) preferred. Advanced degree in relevant field preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with some demonstrated experience in effective application of those skills to high level work assignments
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in approach to work.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage all aspects of medium to large, complex projects – including client interaction, maintaining project budgets, and overseeing all aspects of project work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Track record of effectiveness in persuasive communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills. Strong quantitative analytical skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously, address competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to be organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and meetings.
- Established reputation and professional connections within field of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to develop (and acquire funding for) new consulting projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the characteristics of key energy-efficiency, clean transportation and/or renewable markets and measures.
- Extensive knowledge of good efficiency, clean transportation and/or renewable energy programs and policies.
- Facility with techniques of economic analysis.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1366/consultant—clean-transportation/job?mobile=false&width=872&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240