Springfield Area Parent Child Center
Childcare Financial Assistance Eligibility Specialist | Full Time
Job Title: Childcare Financial Assistance Eligibility Specialist
Classification: Full Time / Hourly/ Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $15.75 – $18.50/hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Reports To: Program Director
The CCFAP Eligibility Specialist is responsible for assessing eligibility and administering child care subsidy under guidelines set up by Child Development Division, State of Vermont. CCFAP is one of the array of concrete supports provided to families at SAPCC. The Eligibility Specialist will work with families in a strengths-based, relationship building capacity while supporting them to apply for state benefits. The Eligibility Specialist will be detail oriented, good and communicating about complicated program topics, and have a high level of ethical standards.
- Process applications and determine families’ eligibility as detailed in the attachment from Child Development Division (CDD).
- Communicate appropriately with all human service agencies about subsidy for families.
- Mediate between families and child care providers as needed.
- Provide assistance to Child Care Providers: answering questions and referring to other assistance, as needed.
- Inform and assist parents enrolled in the Child Care Financial Assistance Program (CCFAP) about Economic Service benefits for which they may be eligible.
- Be knowledgeable about all SAPCC services and connect families with other programs they may be eligible for, as needed.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Attend regular staff meetings, administrative team meetings, and service team meetings.
- Follow confidentiality guidelines concerning all families and providers.
- Represent the agency in the community and identify community needs.
- Other duties as specified by supervisor.
- BA/BS in Human Services related field preferred. Exceptions can be made for extensive relevant experience in human services and/or customer service.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in human services related field.
- Good communication skills with parents, providers, and other human services providers including the ability to communicate with people who are under stress, and with a diverse population in a non-judgmental manner.
- Computer Skills: Ability to learn and use a complicated information management system.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to interpret regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Effective team player.
- Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with community groups and staff.
- Able to tolerate interruptions and switch to a different task before the first one is completed.
Apply through our job page on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Springfield-Area-Parent-Child-Center/jobs