Chief Operating Officer | Full Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
The Chief Operating Office is a pivotal role that will lead VEIC operations. The COO will work directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). This person will create efficiencies, streamline processes, and ensure smooth operations to drive alignment, increase productivity, and support the rapid growth of the organization. They will also lead a team of motivated and dedicated professionals to support the overall execution of VEIC’s strategy.
This role enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking, energy consulting business and is available to work hybrid. The ideal candidate will live in the District of Columbia or Vermont.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Work directly with VEIC’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and VEIC’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to lead and optimize VEIC’s operations, successfully achieving VEIC’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Provide oversight and partner with the Managing Directors of Efficiency Vermont (EVT), DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU), Energy Services, and the Director of Efficiency Smart to drive cross-organizational collaboration and alignment, effectively prioritize work, ensure goal attainment, and minimize risk, all in alignment with VEIC’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Translate VEIC’s strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, in partnership with the Chief Growth and Impact Officer (CGIO).
- In collaboration with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), analyze internal operations and identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to streamline organizational systems and processes and improve outcomes.
- Support budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation, collaborating closely with Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief People Officer (CPO), and other leaders to ensure that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently across the organization.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasted.
- Drive consistency across VEIC divisions through consistent operational approaches and standardized metrics and reports. Monitor performance regularly and establish corrective measures as needed.
- Review and approve cost-control reports and cost estimates and manage budget oversight for operations across the organization.
- Contribute to strategic decision making to ensure that VEIC’s work to set and execute its strategic plans is well-grounded in operational realities across the organization.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a diverse, inclusive, solution-focused, and high trust culture.
- Take on other projects as applicable.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- BS/BA in business, marketing, environmental science, or a related field; Master’s degree (MBA) preferred, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Experience includes 15+ years of progressive leadership in operations roles with a minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience required.
- Proven ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with colleagues, employees, key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Impeccable integrity, honesty, and a reputation for a balanced, non-ideological approach. Creativity and a record of taking risks. Willingness to challenge conventional thinking coupled with ability to partner effectively and bridge philosophies.
- A well-developed sense of strategy and the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and inspire others to follow.
- Quantitative thinker with strong analytical skill set. Data driven and knows how to capture and utilize data to solve complex issues.
- Strong financial acumen and deep understanding of budgets and business-planning.
- Proven success in leading, inspiring, and developing high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams with a commitment to advancing DEI at VEIC.
- Change-management and continuous improvement focus and orientation.
- Enthusiastic, results driven team player.
- Proven ability to manage teams, initiate tasks, organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with specific attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent knowledge of MS SharePoint/Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Eligibility to work in the US.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1314/chief-operating-officer/job