Vermont Electric Coop
Chief Financial Officer | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: 42 Wescom Rd, Johnson, VT, USA
Vermont Electric Cooperative is currently accepting applications for the position of
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Vermont Electric Cooperative, a member-owned electric distribution utility that serves over 32,000 members in northern Vermont, seeks a Chief Financial Officer to join its Senior Leadership Team. The energy landscape in Vermont is changing rapidly, and this leader will play a critical role in ensuring that VEC’s financial health remains strong in this dynamic business environment.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will:
- Articulate the long-term vision and roadmap to maintain the financial health of VEC as we execute on our ambitious strategic goals.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of VEC financial activities, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, investments, and auditing functions.
- Oversee payroll administration, insurance, fleet and transportation equipment, and purchasing, procurement and inventory.
- Oversee VEC’s power supply and transmission group to ensure a stable and cost-effective power supply portfolio while meeting state renewable energy requirements.
- Lead VEC’s Finance Department.
Required education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; MBA or CPA desired
- Minimum of five years of management experience
- Eight years of relevant experience (accounting, business, banking)
A detailed job description can be found here: https://vermontelectriccoop.applicantpro.com/jobs/2149480.html
Qualified candidates interested in applying should submit a cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VEC is committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. We encourage qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Deadline: February 21, 2021 12:00 am