Vermont Community Loan Fund
Career Technical Education Loan Program Project Manager | Part Time
Location: 7 School Street, Montpelier, VT, USA
The Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) is a nonprofit financial institution that provides loans and other resources to local businesses, community organizations & nonprofits, early care & learning providers and developers of affordable housing. We develop and promote innovative capital-based solutions to issues of poverty and opportunity. With over $50 million in assets, VCLF is Vermont’s largest Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). VCLF is a mission-driven lender, creating opportunities that lead to healthy communities and financial stability for all Vermonters. Learn more at www.investinvermont.org.
Diversity, justice, and inclusion are key values within VCLF. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, equitable working environment for our staff. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions.
VCLF is hiring a part-time, Career Tech Education Loan Program Project Manager. We are projecting that this job can be accomplished in 20 hours per week. This is a new position created to support a new VCLF program – the Career Technical Education Construction and Rehabilitation Experiential Learning Program (ELP) and Revolving Loan Fund. Through an appropriation of the Vermont Education Fund, the Program was developed to benefit high school and adult Continuing Technical Education (CTE) students. The purpose and goals for the CTE ELP Revolving Loan Fund are summarized as follows:
- Expanding opportunities for experiential learning in the building and construction trades for high school and adult CTE students;
- Building partnerships among CTE centers, housing organizations, private businesses and other stakeholders;
- Providing access to new housing resources, including affordable housing options where appropriate; and,
- Improving property values, beautifying communities and rehabilitating blighted buildings and properties.
This position will work in the development and roll-out of this program, including system/process development, outreach to affordable housing developers and homeownership centers, and program support including loan and loan disbursement monitoring as well as impact reporting. The CTE Loan Program Project Manager will report to the Executive Director. This position requires the ability to travel around the State of Vermont, and could involve some evening and occasional weekend meetings.
Currently, VCLF staff are working in the office and masking in common areas. This role requires engagement with communities throughout Vermont. Under normal circumstances, travel throughout the state is required. At present, individual and small group meetings have resumed on a case by case basis, with COVID protocols in place. In addition, there is flexibility in the schedule as there may be night and weekend hours on a case-to-case basis and/or for special events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program development and oversight
- Development of Program process including loan application, approval process, and monitoring parameters.
- Creation of document checklist, project budget template, list of eligible costs, and project dollar maximums.
- Reviewing Career Tech Center applications and making recommendations for loans.
- Project monitoring, including site visits.
- Outreach with community partners to affordable housing developers and Career Tech Ed Centers to ensure program success.
Program monitoring and reporting
- Working with CTE’s in gathering data for impact reporting and project status.
- Timely reporting to community partners including financial management of fund and program impacts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
SUCCESSFUL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
- 3-5 years of experience managing and coordinating programs or projects, including leading project teams or a combination of experience from which comparable skills were acquired.
- College degree or commensurate experience
- High degree of organizational skills, self-direction and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work with deadlines
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Motivated by and dedicated to social and economic opportunities for all
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, email and internet
VCLF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is estimated to be a 20 hour per week, non-exempt position with generous benefits including health, disability insurance, retirement with an employer match, and a liberal paid leave program. This position is located in Montpelier, VT. VCLF offers a flexible work environment. Hourly Range: $28.00 – $30.00.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or VCLF, PO Box 827, Montpelier, VT 05601.