Fund Vermont's Future / Public Assets Institute
Campaign Manager, Fund Vermont’s Future | Full Time
Category: Human Rights/Social Justice
Campaign Manager, Fund Vermont’s Future | Statewide, Vermont
About Fund Vermont’s Future (FVF)
The Fund Vermont’s Future Campaign aims to fundamentally change the way that state spending priorities and budgets are developed and funded. The campaign will be successful when the Legislature and the Administration build a state budget based on the needs of Vermonters, raise sufficient revenue to make needed investments, and secure a future where people in Vermont are safe and healthy.
This means centering people at every stage of the process, shifting away from a scarcity mindset, and developing state budgets in a way that is transparent and includes meaningful public input. By taking these steps, we will eliminate systemic inequities that harm many Vermonters and repair that harm, ensure a clean environment, and provide excellent education for all our children as the cornerstones of a vibrant, livable society, shared prosperity, and a hopeful future. This campaign is connected to progressive revenue campaigns in other states, which provides us with the opportunity to exchange information and strategies with national and state partners.
FVF Campaign Manager Job Summary
The Fund Vermont’s Future Campaign Manager will oversee ongoing campaign development, implementation, and management under the direction of the Campaign Steering Committee. The Manager will support the advocacy and campaign strategies of the coalition, including helping to develop and implement both field and legislative advocacy campaign plans, expand the coalition, build partnerships, educate policymakers and the public, and shape the public debate on key legislative issues. The Manager will provide both administrative and management support to the Campaign Steering Committee and the Campaign Subcommittees.
The Manager will work with campaign contractors and national partners to ensure work is being completed and is in accordance with the Campaign agreements. The Manager will have a public-facing role and will be expected to make decisions on behalf of the Coalition. Any comments made by the Manager to the public, the press, and to policy makers must use agreed-upon campaign messaging.
- Develop a detailed, week-by-week Campaign Work Plan with specific dates, tasks, and benchmarks that reflects the overall Campaign Plan and achieves the goals and objectives of the campaign.
- Work with the Campaign Steering Committee and subcommittees to develop and implement a field outreach plan for both organizations and individuals, as well as a media plan and a legislative outreach plan. The Legislative/Advocacy Subcommittee will work with the Manager to develop a legislative strategy to be coordinated with the field outreach plan.
- Work with the Steering Committee to revise, develop, refine, and adjust the Campaign Plan as discussions with possible additional participants continue and as the political/economic/social context continues to evolve.
- Help with recruitment, orientation and welcoming of new Steering Committee members.
- Schedule, facilitate, and complete follow up tasks for all Steering Committee and subcommittee meetings, unless any of these tasks is specifically delegated to another consultant or committee member. During these meetings, ensure the consensus process is adhered to.
- Create and manage campaign communications infrastructure and database (with the help of consultants as needed and available).
- Manage the Campaign budget.
- Represent the Campaign at events, community meetings, meetings with decision makers, and the media.
- Demonstrated experience managing regional or state-level advocacy campaigns
- Field outreach experience—at least one year of experience as a field director or experience with specific field outreach responsibilities for an issue campaign
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Meeting facilitation experience, especially consensus decision making
- Committee management and support experience
- Proficiency with Google Drive/Dropbox/Zoom and other platforms the Campaign may use
- Ability to work with a variety of types of people in a political setting
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Vermont
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and familiarity with outreach to BIPOC and other historically under-represented communities.
- Basic understanding of the State of Vermont’s revenue generation and appropriations processes
- Basic knowledge of website best practices and accessibility
- Familiarity with the State of Vermont and its various geographic regions, political parties, and culture
- Basic understanding of or experience with revenue policy
- Lobbying or advocacy experience within a Statehouse setting
Work Arrangements and Schedule
The Manager will work from home and may also work at Public Assets Institute’s office in Montpelier. Some evenings, weekends, and early mornings may be required.
The Campaign Manager will be a full-time employee of Public Assets Institute on behalf of the FVF Coalition, which will fund the Campaign Manager’s base salary.
Salary Details: $52,000/year plus $7,200 in lieu of benefits, plus holidays and sick and vacation leave
Required Experience: 2 – 6 years
Fund Vermont’s Future is a coalition-based project of Public Assets Institute. Public Assets Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fund Vermont’s Future is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. We encourage members of traditionally under-represented communities to apply.
We are open to the possibility that a great candidate for this job may not precisely meet all of the above criteria; if you believe you’re the right person for this job and can persuasively make that case, we encourage you to apply.
Deadline: June 1, 2022 12:00 am
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. Job to start late July 2022.