C# Applications Developer | Full Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
VEIC has a wonderful opportunity for a C# .Net Full Stack developer to join our software team. We’re a nonprofit mission driven organization. We design, build, and maintain web applications and APIs to support VEIC’s energy program implementation divisions.
You’ll work as a member of a collaborative software team to design, develop, and maintain custom software applications to help drive operational efficiencies and impact at a mission driven organization. Additionally, you’ll assist in all software development life-cycle tasks while contributing to a creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment. Help VEIC achieve Green House Gas reduction impact by joining our talented software team.
This position is available to work fully remotely (within certain states based on business need).
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Principal responsibilities include maintaining and improving VEIC’s custom software applications
- Designs, implements, and documents feature enhancements consistent with standard development practices
- Collaborate with end users, analysts, product owners, database administrators, senior application developers, and testers to improve existing applications and to deliver new features through a thoughtful design, build, and deployment process
- Collaborates with analysts and product owners to define cost effective technology solutions that can be implemented as new features in our core business applications
- Support Software release process
- Performs maintenance and support functions to assist users and development operations as needed
- Ensure high quality code using software design standards, best practices,
- and consistent use of unit tests
- Reports to Manager, Business and Software Solutions, with technical oversight from Senior Application Developers
- Development and maintenance of technical documentation
- Provides support to the activities of VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science with emphasis on software development, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience developing software or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired
- Demonstrated aptitude in web application development, C# object-oriented programming, and familiarity with relational databases
- Demonstrated aptitude with some of the following: .NET CORE, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, Entity Framework, jQuery, Angular, SQL Server, Web API, IdentityServer, Microsoft Graph API
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Working knowledge of refactoring, unit testing and other object – oriented programming techniques
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills essential
- Demonstrated ability to be a productive member on a technical project-level team
- Ability to communicate with non-technical end users to define and document issue-level requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate with Application Tester to aid in development of test plan
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1369/c%23-applications-developer/job