Lake Champlain Chocolates
Buyer | Part Time
Location: 290 Boyer Circle, Williston, VT, USA
Purchase a variety of printed packaging, raw materials and marketing materials, achieving the highest quality at the best value. Day to day responsibilities include analyzing inventory levels, assessing upcoming requirements, arranging freight, maintaining strong supplier relationships, and ensuring that all orders arrive in a timely manner. In addition, the Assistant Buyer is responsible for approving invoices and resolving past-due invoices, correcting price discrepancies, and handling non-conforming materials and returns to suppliers. The Assistant Buyer will work with suppliers and other departments to bring packaging materials from concept to activation on new products. This involves understanding suppliers’ capabilities, requesting samples, and verifying success with the internal team.
Assume responsibility for purchasing materials from suppliers with an annual spend of $400,000 or under
- Submit RFQ’s, negotiate price and delivery and issue Purchase Orders.
- Use carrier platforms to assess best in bound freight cost and transit time.
- Use the ERP system along with other excel reports to analyze inventory levels and place purchase orders.
- Keep ERP system updated with current information.
- Resolve material issues with the supplier and file freight claims for necessary damaged materials.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise. Resolve past-due invoices.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers. Travel to visit suppliers and better access capabilities as able. Research and develop new supplier relationships and capabilities that will add value beyond the product.
- Manage the VMI program by setting adequate inventory levels and assuring competitive pricing.
- Assist other departments with procuring other materials as needed.
Work with suppliers and marketing on new product packaging concepts.
- Must have a working technical knowledge of printing and consumer packaged goods.
- Generate packaging prototypes with suppliers for new product development concepts.
- Use Sourcing standards to guide suppliers and marketing team on ideal packaging materials.
- Work with marketing to determine the print specification and the operations team to assess and approve samples.
- Generate timelines for each project to make sure sales receives samples and timely information for sales presentations.
- Keep scheduling team updated as needed on new material arrival dates
Assume responsibility for purchasing system
- Maintain the accuracy of the supplier records in the system (includes contact information, lead times, etc.).
- Maintain stock code setup accuracy with regard to lead times, EBQ’s, approved vendors, pricing, Min/Max levels, safety stock, etc.
- Manage costs for materials in Syspro
- Assist Accounts Payable in invoice problem resolution.
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory requirements annually and then as needed.
- Assist QA with Supplier NCR submission and follow up.
Deadline: August 15, 2022 12:00 am
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references for consideration. Thank you!