Native, a Public Benefit Corporation
Business Support Generalist | Full Time
Location: 3 Main St #212, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Business Support Generalist
Location: Burlington, VT
Since 2000, Native has worked with companies to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community and landscape-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their value chain. Since our founding, we have prioritized projects that promote climate justice by generating economic, social, and resilience benefits for local communities.
We know that diverse perspectives and experiences make our team and our work more impactful. We’re committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where we continually learn from each other, and in turn strengthen the people, communities, and companies at the heart of Native’s climate action initiatives. We’re searching for a Business Support Generalist to join us in enhancing our culture and making our business better.
About the role
This role joins the People Operations team and supports workflows and processes across Native’s teams. You’re a good fit for this role if you thrive on organization, are incredibly detail-oriented, and are energized by fast-paced environments. You will provide key support to a number of established processes, and collaborate across Native’s team to define and improve new ones.
Your scope of work:
Business Operations (70%)
- Manage Burlington office, including serving as the primary liaison with landlord and maintenance team, managing equipment and supplies, and processing daily mail and infrequent phone calls
- Coordinate and bolster Native’s sustainability and JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) initiatives
- Support the employee experience from onboarding to offboarding
- Support the coordination and logistics of in-person and virtual team events
- Serve as primary liaison with external IT provider
- Coordinate travel arrangements with the Native team
- Assist with annual insurance renewals
- Support Leadership and complete special projects as needed
CEO Support (15%)
- Help to coordinate scheduling and travel
- Facilitate accurate record keeping between CEO and Finance
Sales, Communications, and Finance Operations (15%)
- Monitor and distribute inquiries from Native’s general support inbox
- Support Accounting with receipt and invoice management, and onboarding client accounting systems
- Maintain specific pages on native.eco and coordinate with Communications consultant as needed on special projects
- Desktop research to support new and ongoing partnerships as assigned
What you bring:
- A process-oriented approach to bring greater efficiencies through frequent feedback and iteration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exacting attention to detail
- Expert organization in order to plan and manage simultaneous projects in your own workflows and to support others’ workflows
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Successful collaboration across stakeholders, in-person and remotely
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to identify issues and determine the appropriate course of action consistent with corporate policies and procedures
- Willing learner to continually build your skills and expertise
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, with a capacity to learn new software
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Competitive compensation and PTO
- Employer-sponsored healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Flexible-spending account
- 401K and employer match
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible working hours
- Home office set up stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
Hesitant to apply? Even if you don’t believe that you meet 100% of these skills or experiences but feel that this is a great role for you, apply! We’d still like to hear from you.
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What’s Native’s approach to remote work?
Native is a remote-first company, with most roles able to be fully remote within the United States. The role of Business Support Generalist does need to be available to work in-person at Native’s Burlington, VT office two to three days per week.
What are Native’s return-to-office plans?
Native has an office space in Burlington, VT that is available to employees. Native does not require employees to work in person unless their role requires it and is designated as such. This role of Business Support Generalist will need to be available to work at the office two to three days per week. When possible, Native’s full team comes together in person twice per year.
What’s the interview process like?
After submitting an application, if you’re selected to move forward, you will be contacted by our team for an interview. After your initial interview, you will meet twice with the hiring team, and finally present a short hiring exercise to our team.