Encore Renewable Energy
Business Development Manager | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Business Development Manager
Location: Northeastern US (exact location flexible)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return commercial and industrial-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since Encore’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development of over 85 commercial-scale solar projects. Encore is in the process of building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeastern U.S. and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Encore seeks a highly motivated individual with the proven skills, experience, and attitude to successfully identify, originate, and close on new solar and energy storage opportunities. The Business Development Manager will focus on acquiring customers for project offtake as well as sites to host new projects.
This position requires a highly self-motivated sales professional with an unwavering appetite to pursue and secure new business. Reporting to the Director of Clean Energy Solutions, the successful candidate will manage the responsibilities outlined below.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, fast-paced entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone in order to achieve the required results.
- Originate new solar PV and battery storage projects in the Northeastern US and other strategic markets;
- Manage and prioritize a pipeline of sales opportunities in order to assist the Business Development team to achieve quarterly and annual sales targets;
- Develop and execute on strategies that expand Encore’s business into new segments of the rapidly evolving solar and energy storage markets;
- Negotiate and close site control documents with landowners;
- Create and present proposals for clients including businesses, government bodies, school boards, and utilities;
- Track, influence, and respond to relevant state-level policies that affect solar and energy storage markets;
- Shepard projects through internal executive committee approval and effectively hand projects off to the Development and Construction teams;
- Manage Business Development weekly pipeline calls, and attend weekly Project Development calls
- Evaluate and respond to RFQ/RFP’s;
- Leverage new and existing relationships in order to pursue business across multiple channels;
- Manage Encore’s CRM software in order to maintain accurate reporting on the status of potential sales;
- Actively monitor CRM sales reports and KPI’s; consistently reviewing with the BD team and spearheading strategies to improve results
- Assist with greenfielding and lead generation efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of renewable energy project origination/sales experience. Battery energy storage experience a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales targets;
- Experience and/or education in the fields of in Finance, Business, Engineering, Math, Economics, or other quantitative field;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, comfortable presenting in public settings, organized approach to workflow processes;
- Strong proficiency in Office, G-Suite, & CRM Software (Copper, Salesforce, or similar software);
- Keen sense for identifying new solar and energy storage opportunities;
- Ability to travel to meet with landowners and customers;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of high impact proposals and presentations;
- Strong understanding of solar and energy storage project financial models;
- Ability to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
- Impeccable integrity and a high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that which we are most proud of. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy infrastructure of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended parental leave;
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities)
- 12 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice);
- One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter;
- 401k profit sharing;
- Continuing education and tuition assistance.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org