Native, a Public Benefit Corporation
Business Administrator | Full Time
Location: 3 Main St #212, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Location: Burlington, VT
Since 2000, Native has worked with companies to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community and landscape-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their value chain. Since our founding, we have prioritized projects that promote climate justice by generating economic, social, and resilience benefits for local communities.
We know that diverse perspectives and experiences make our team and our work more impactful. We’re committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where we continually learn from each other, and in turn strengthen the people, communities, and companies at the heart of Native’s climate action initiatives. We’re searching for a Business Administrator to join us in enhancing our culture and making our business better.
About the role
This role joins the People Operations team and supports administrative processes across Native’s work. You’re a good fit for this role if you thrive on organization, are incredibly detail-oriented, and are energized by fast-paced environments. You will provide key support to a number of established processes, and collaborate across Native’s team to define and improve new ones.
Your scope of work:
Operations Administration (60%)
- Manage Burlington office administrative duties, including phone calls, maintaining office equipment and supplies, processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Support the coordination and implementation of the employee experience at Native, including onboarding, benefits management, and offboarding
- Primary liaison with landlord and maintenance team
- Support logistics for in-person and virtual team events
- Monitor and distribute inquiries from Native’s general support inbox
- Bolster internal sustainability initiatives
- Assist with annual insurance renewals
- Primary liaison with external IT provider
- Support Accounting with receipt and invoice management
- Special projects as needed
Executive Support (40%)
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Native team
- Manage CEO’s calendars and scheduling
- Draft, review, and send communications on behalf of Native’s CEO
- Organize and prepare with CEO for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings
- Maintain various records and documents for CEO
- Special projects as needed
What you bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exacting attention to detail
- Expert organization in order to plan and manage simultaneous projects within your own workflow and in support of stakeholder workflows
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, with a capacity to learn new software
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to identify issues and determine the appropriate course of action consistent with corporate policies and procedures
- Successful collaboration across stakeholders, in-person and remotely
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- A process-oriented approach to bring greater efficiencies through frequent feedback and iteration
- Willing learner to continually build your skills and expertise
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Competitive compensation and PTO
- Employer-sponsored healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Flexible-spending account
- 401K and employer match
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible working hours
- Home office set up stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
Hesitant to apply? Even if you don’t believe that you meet 100% of these skills or experiences but feel that this is a great role for you, apply! We’d still like to hear from you.
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What’s Native’s approach to remote work?
Native is a remote-first company, with most roles able to be fully remote within the United States. The role of Business Administrator does need to be available to work in-person at Native’s Burlington, VT office two to four days per week.
What are Native’s return-to-office plans?
Native has an office space in Burlington, VT that is available to employees. Native will not be requiring employees to report to work in person unless their specific role requires it and is designated as such. This role of Business Administrator will need to be available to work at the office two to four days per week. When possible, Native’s full team comes together in person twice per year.
What’s the interview process like?
After submitting an application, if you’re selected to move forward, you will be contacted by our team for an interview. After your initial interview, you will meet two or three times with various members of the hiring team, and finally present a case study or hiring exercise to the hiring team.