Build Production Manager | Full Time
Location: 18a Morse Dr, Essex Junction, VT 05452, USA
Build Production Manager Position
Hello! We are a busy, fun, egalitarian, creative, kind, and mission-driven group of people working together towards the goal of developing ecological and social climate justice and regeneration practices in the building and design trades. Quite simply, we are looking to transform and save the world, in partnership with each other and our communities.
We are a worker-owned cooperative so everyone who works here is also an owner. If you have a passion for:
- climate change response through the built environment;
- natural, local, and plant-based materials used in creative high-performance designs
- an equitable and respectful workplace with a strong team culture
- strong communication, organization, and team skills to support our company running smoothly
… you are the right person to apply for this position!
Team-focused personalities sought:
Those who balance their needs and well-being with those of the group are the best fit for us. We cultivate trust and invest deeply in the career development of each person, who then in turn invests themselves deeply into the group. Win-win is what we aim for.
Flexible personalities sought:
We are dispersed across a 1-1.5 hour radius, so a willingness to travel within central and northern Vermont as well as comfort with phone, email, text and other forms of virtual communication is a must. Also, our firm is busy and lots of things pop up unexpectedly, so an ability to roll with that with general good cheer and aplomb is ideal.
Exceptional high-quality builders sought:
In this position, the ideal person would help us deliver excellent projects to our clients with a joyful, efficient, and safe process of work on site and a high level of quality.
People of color, trans, and gender-nonconforming people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, queer people, and women are encouraged to apply. Language proficiency in languages other than English is valued, and Spanish-speakers especially welcome.
Details below, we look forward to meeting you!
-the New Frameworks Team
Build Production Manager
The Build Production Manager role is a Full Time (40 hour/week) position with benefits, to develop, manage, and bring to successful fruition our Build Projects in the pipeline; from the shop fabrication elements, to site work through the installation of prefabricated insulated panels, pre-designed kit buildings, and complete finishes work.
This role takes signed projects through their initiation into production through completion. Our shop and offices are based in Essex Junction, VT, and this position requires a majority of the week to be shop-based, with opportunity for some remote work. Occasional site visits will be required at key points during the construction phase for client interaction and overall quality assessment. Projects are currently limited to a 2 hour drive radius from our shop, with occasional opportunity for travel jobs up to 4 hours away.
The production of straw bale panels is a development in the natural building and green building trades that accelerates the drawdown of atmospheric carbon levels by making this technology widely available and easily accessible. The person right for this job is interested in being a climate hero! The person right for this job has their senses tuned to not only co-produce high quality projects, but to develop bio-based panelized solutions as a product through a commitment to climate positive innovation.
Our company is a language justice organization, with both English and Spanish being used as core languages, so being interested in becoming functionally bilingual is a requirement, and coming with language skills in each language is a plus. Our team is committed to social justice and mutual respect between all people, and a similar commitment is sought in the right person to fill this position.
- Work with our Sales & Project Development team to bring mission-aligned projects into the schedule, set up project & crew schedules to successfully bring projects to completion, and provide the build teams with administrative and quality control support.
- Collaborate with the design team on projects, provide feedback on various design decisions, implement new ideas, and be a point of connection between design and production.
- Participate in the estimating and planning process, and work with crew leaders to determine progress & logistics.
- We are a worker-owned cooperative! Participate in overall company engagements to help steer direction of the company.
- Learn and apply building science knowledge and green building skills into evolving our fabrication methods and product lines as they apply to social, climate, and economic justice.
- 15+ yrs experience in shop production, carpentry, construction, renovation, trades and familiarity and experience with energy & weatherization work
- Full time position, with expectation of punctual daily presence as set by crew schedule
- Competency in bilingual English & Spanish speaking skills
- Experience or familiarity with the design process from schematic through construction documentation and administration
- Experience with efficient, production oriented work
- Reliable transportation and basic carpentry tools required
- Letter of Interest
As a full-time member of the team, with a competitive hourly rate and robust benefits, you can expect a total compensation package of $64,300 – $75,600
- $30-35/hr (dependent on experience and performance)
- 80 hrs paid Vacation/year
- 40 hrs paid floating Holiday & Wellness /year
- Emergency Family Medical & Parental Leave
- Vision & Dental insurance
- Healthcare stipend of $100/month
- $200/year pp for personal tool or tech allowance
- Reduced cost cell phone plans available on company AT&T plan, deducted from member’s paycheck
- Paid internal and external trainings, conferences & classes; coverage based on first come first serve basis until the budget line is tapped for the year
- Paid membership to professional associations with conference, networking, and professional development opportunities: NESEA, BEBL, others
- Subscriptions to Fine Homebuilding, BuildingGreen online suite, and other trade publications
- Bragging rights that you are a co-owner of the coolest and dorkiest company in the Northeast!
Please email resumé and letter of interest to email@example.com