Budget and Regulatory Manager | Full Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
The Regulatory and Budget Manager will be responsible for representing Efficiency Vermont budgets, spending, revenue targets and total compensation package to Vermont regulators at the Department of Public Service and Public Utility Commission. The Manager will work in the State Agency and Regulatory Affairs group to support the strategic advancement of Efficiency Vermont to enable all Vermont households and businesses to save on energy costs, and to foster and administer programs for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
This role enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking, energy consulting business and is available to work entirely remotely (depending on needs/location) or hybrid with VEIC having physical offices in Winooski, Vermont, and D.C..
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Works in cross-functional team to develop, monitor and balance annual and 3-year Efficiency Vermont (EVT) budgets.
- Coordinates with VEIC’s support services (Finance, Human Resources, Administration, etc.) to facilitate smooth integration of EVT budgets and reporting into VEIC processes, including managing the process to develop and maintain the financial accounting codes and annual cost allocation process and tables.
- Coordinates with departmental leaders of VEIC and with all shared service divisions to ensure budget and reporting goals are achieved.
- Works with Efficiency Vermont budget managers to accumulate financial data, trends, and projections; develop and implement financial and management reports, financial forecasting models and ad hoc reports as requested; update financial reports based on changes in financial system; communicate and train budget managers on changes to budgets and reports.
- Contribute to internal, cross-functional team to develop and produce monthly and quarterly reports for regulators.
- Lead annual process for calculating and proposing electric efficiency charges
- Track statewide, electric, RGGI and FCM revenues for purpose of strategic planning and long-term budgeting
- Assist in the development and integration of supplemental grant revenue into Efficiency Vermont budgets and regulatory reporting.
- Member of the Demand Resource Plan team. Key responsibilities include participating in the internal process to develop VEIC strategies and tactics to propose QPI and compensation targets to regulators, development and review of the Development and Support Services (DSS) budget.
- Works closely with all VEIC divisions and departments in reviewing and reconciling data and reports for internal and external consistency in alignment with standard regulatory accounting practices.
- Leads processes for budget and goal adjustments with regulators.
- Provides support to the activities of VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 5 years of experience in utility, public administration, regulatory accounting, or a similar combination
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems for measuring lagging and leading indicators of success related to the attainment of organizational results.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing a team of cross-functional employees and / or subcontractors required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets, and expert database skills, including query- and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1365/budget-and-regulatory-manager-%28efficiency-vermont%29/job