Bookkeeper / Office Manager | Part Time
Bookkeeper / Office Manager
Join the team at Burlington’s premiere web development agency. Bluehouse Group provides strategy, web design, development, and digital marketing services to a wide range of clients. We’ve been known for quality for over twenty years. We’re especially energized to be working with clients in renewable energy, sustainability, wellness, and local food systems sectors. We’ve also enjoyed building online platforms that have propelled funded startups to success, and serving non-profits contributing to the greater good.
The Office Manager is a key player on the team. The person in this role is responsible for managing bookkeeping, billing, and all administrative operations for the company.
Our work culture is entrepreneurial and you’ll get to participate in many aspects of the business. We value work-life balance, which includes flexibility around work schedules and remote work. The current office manager works 32 hours per week (their preference), but we would consider making this a full-time position for the right person. We are lucky to work with amazing clients on interesting projects – come join us!
- Proficiency with QuickBooks (QBO).
- Detail oriented and resourceful.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and get along well with people.
- Ability to multitask.
- Managing financial activities using QuickBooks and producing reports.
- Working with project managers to generate timely client bills and statements.
- Receiving client payments and making bank deposits.
- Processing payroll via payroll service.
- Paying bills, managing vendors, and managing accounts payable.
- Preparing year-end information for the accountant.
- Organizing and maintaining all administrative processes.
- Procuring office supplies and equipment.
- Supporting staff & assisting the company president.
- Employee benefit administration (e.g. health insurance, IRA, profit sharing plans).
- Maintaining company insurance policies, managing renewals and audits.
- Assisting with new-hire advertising and recruiting.
- Maintaining employee files, client files, and vendor files
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
- A college degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably for a service based business.
- Proficiency with commonly used software, e.g. Excel or Google Sheets, etc.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and a solid understanding of business accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and analysis.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated accountability, professionalism, openness, and creativity.
Competitive salary, paid vacation and sick/personal time, health insurance, disability insurance, dental and vision plan, employee retirement plan and profit-sharing.
We enjoy a great work culture with shared company values and a team that enjoys working together. This position includes some flexibility regarding work hours and location. The company has offered remote work options for years and our systems are well set up for it. The main office is in a great downtown location with free parking. The office manager will ideally have some office presence, at least on a “hybrid” basis.
Please send your resume, together with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org