Springfield Area Parent Child Center
Beloved Human Services Agency is Hiring an Executive Director! | Full Time
Location: 6 Main St, North Springfield, VT 05150, USA
Executive Director, Springfield Area Parent Child Center
The Springfield Area Parent Child Center (SAPCC), a member of the Vermont Parent Child Center Network, is a nonprofit organization serving southern Windsor and northern Windham counties. With a staff of 35+, SAPCC collaborates with numerous community groups to fulfill their mission to build bridges of support for children, families and caregivers by fostering relationships, establishing a culture of learning, and engaging in community collaborations to shape opportunities for the world around us. This well-loved human services organization supports more than 6000 individuals each year via a wide range of programs and services. To learn more about SAPCC, please visit https://sapcc-vt.org/
SAPCC is seeking a new Executive Director to lead this well-known and highly respected non-profit organization located in North Springfield, Vermont. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations, ensuring the fulfillment of the long-term vision of the organization, and assuring that the mission of SAPCC is carried out. The Executive Director reports to the board of directors and is the liaison and representative of the SAPCC team to the Board and the general public. In addition, the Executive Director serves as a member of the Vermont Parent Child Center Network and is responsible for ensuring SAPCC actively participates in the network and meets all expectations.
- Builds and maintains a professional, team-focused culture with the Leadership Team.
- Promotes a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Develops and shares a vision to guide the ongoing work and growth of the organization.
- Leads by example to ensure that SAPCC employees adhere to the values of being a good team member, which includes:
- Fostering an environment where differing opinions may be safely expressed.
- Being actively engaged with all the activities of SAPCC.
- Recognizing different styles of working, learning, and communicating.
Personnel & Administration
- Oversees all facets of employment of all SAPCC staff to include compensation, evaluation and benefits.
- Supervises the Leadership Team.
- Recommends changes and implements Personnel Policies as approved by the Board.
- Enables and supports employees to maximize their potential as professionals, by providing opportunities for training and maintaining membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Ensures the Agency is in compliance with internal policies, as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled staff meetings and administrative team meetings.
- Works closely with the Leadership Team to ensure that all SAPCC programs provide a consistently high level of professional service and value to the community.
- Ensures program activities complement work of other community organizations.
- Manages program-planning process, including needs assessment and continued evaluation of activities.
- Ensures that SAPCC programs are regularly reviewed and evaluated and are meeting prescribed goals and objectives.
- Ensures that all SAPCC programs comply with state and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Develops programs that meet or complement the needs of the community and the individuals the Agency supports.
- Ensures that SAPCC is following confidentiality guidelines, including HIPAA requirements, for families and providers.
- Oversees preparation of annual operating and capital budget
- Negotiates government and non-government contracts.
- Oversees an internal management system that accurately accounts for all financial transactions.
- Oversees timely submission of all financial and program information to the Board and program funding sources.
- Oversees the annual audit.
- Oversees all grant writing and works with the Leadership Team and business office to manage grants.
- Writes key grants to state, federal and private institutions to meet the operating budget.
- Researches, develops and cultivates relationships and drafts proposals to obtain new funding sources.
- Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with individual donors and local funding groups.
- Oversees implementation of fundraising strategies, including donor stewardship and engagement.
Community Development, Policy & Advocacy
- Represents SAPCC in the community by building collaborative relationships with supporting organizations and stakeholders.
- Advocates for family-centered services by engaging in broad-based prevention and early intervention efforts.
- Assures regular SAPCC staff participation in local community groups that address early childhood and family issues.
- Actively participates in Vermont Parent Child Center Network (“PCCN”), including attending monthly director meetings.
- Builds and maintains collaborative and positive relationships with state partners, legislators, policy leaders, etc.
- Supports key legislation and advocacy efforts in collaboration with the PCCN and other statewide partners on behalf of SAPCC by speaking with state legislators and providing testimony to the state legislature on policy issues that impact children and families.
- Supports other staff, board members and SAPCC family participants to speak with state legislators, write op eds, press releases, and community updates as needed.
- Ensures that leadership, staff and buildings/grounds manager provide a welcoming and safe environment for all.
- Ensures all programs are housed in safe, licensed facilities.
- Determines facility needs with input from the Leadership Team, buildings/grounds manager, and Internal Affairs Committee of the Board.
- Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit administration and management of personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with state partners, legislators, community groups and staff.
- Effective leader with experience working in a management team structure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Budgeting and financial skills.
- Fundraising and grant-writing skills.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Employment Category: Exempt, FT, on-site
Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package: Salary range of $72,00 – $83,000/year
Come make a difference in your community and in the lives of families by working with a caring team of professionals at Springfield Area Parent Child Center. Supportive, equal opportunity employer, with a family-oriented work environment, competitive wages and benefits package.
Please apply via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/executive-director-f7043a8c7a5f7d7f?_ga=2.154201840.910260673.1674591825-1762252363.1633359178
(Please be sure to include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position! Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.) We encourage applicants to apply even if they don’t have experience in all the areas of the job.