Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
Behavioral Health Clinician | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking candidates for a full time, 37.5 hour per week, Behavioral Health Clinician to provide care for our Burlington, VT Health Center. The Behavioral Health Clinician will provide patient-centered, trauma-sound direct clinical care, case management, advocacy and support services to patients in Planned Parenthood health centers . Provide same-day and scheduled services as part of a comprehensive social justice and equity-rooted clinical social work model of care. This role will serve as community liaison and as active Community Health Team members in communities with these teams.
- Clinical Direct Services
- Provision of high-quality, trauma-sound clinical assessment and brief clinical treatment services using evidence-based methods. Meet a wide variety of patient behavioral health needs, such as depression, anxiety conditions, PTSD, substance use, acute stress, sexual assault, relationship difficulties, identity-related distress or needs, and patient-identified behavior change goals from a social justice and equity-rooted framework.
- Provision of services in accordance with PPNNE Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Ability to balance scheduled patient appointments (in person and by telehealth), ongoing case management and real-time unscheduled patient needs that arise during the provision of sexual and reproductive health services.
- Assessment and provision for patient clinical & resource referral services in collaboration with health center team to meet patients’ self-identified goals and needs
- Consultation to PPNNE clinicians and health center staff on variety of behavioral health and resource-related needs to enhance patient care and outcomes.
- Timely and comprehensive documentation; billing and data compliance that meets all federal, state, funder, and PPNNE regulations and requirements.
- Coordination of IBHSW referrals and care plans including team communication, patient follow-up, and documentation to enhance referral efficacy and reduce barriers to mental health, substance use, economic, or other stabilizing resources. Special focus on connections to Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs)/primary care, mental health and substance use treatment services including psychiatry, and systems barriers impacting low-income or marginalized patients.
- Development and provision of Patient Education content in the health centers, in accordance with PPNNE Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Community Health Team (CHT)
- Active engagement with community resources, partner organizations, and behavioral health providers to ensure high-quality referral, follow-up, advocacy, and collaboration.
- Continuous assessment of patient and community needs through active attention to patient feedback & patient experience data. Cultivation of strong relationships & communication with health center team to mutually identify trends and create services, schedules and resources that best serve each health center’s specific needs.
- IBHSW Team
- Participation in IBHSW Team, including attending supervision meetings, team meetings, training events and relevant PPNNE events.
- Collaborates with IBHSW team to identify team training needs, clinical & social determinant of health (SDOH) needs and trends, and effective tools, interventions, resources to enhance the overall care quality of IBHSW services within the affiliate.
- Provides remote consultation & direct service coverage for team time off, absence, or to best meet patient needs within the Vermont health centers.
- Current Vermont licensure as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or out-of-state license eligible for Vermont licensure. Well-qualified licensed non-social work clinicians (LMHC.) with relevant professional experience in case management, emergency or crisis services, SBIRT models, women’s, reproductive or LGBTQIA+ clinical settings.
- 3+ years of relevant clinical practical experience using evidence-based and empirically-rooted clinical methods. Training and practice experience in brief solution focused assessment & treatment methods for depression, anxiety conditions, PTSD, substance use, acute stress, relationship difficulties, identity-related distress or needs, and patient-identified behavior change goals from an equity-rooted framework.
- Experience providing behavioral health services to individuals with trauma, including PTSD and developmental complex trauma strongly preferred.
- Experience working with differently situated communities, such as people affected by inequality and oppression, and working on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a clinical setting.
- Commitment to and understanding of reproductive justice and equitable achievement of sexual and reproductive freedom.
- Familiarity with and ability to comfortably discuss all services provided by PPNNE.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to travel to assigned PPNNE Health Centers and to attend external meetings as needed.
- Flexible, self-motivating and creative nature with a willingness to learn and take initiative required.
- Ability to relate to a broad range of people and express oneself clearly, using tact, discretion and sensitivity with patients and staff, including working across cultural differences.
- Commitment to a team orientation.
- Holds oneself and others accountable, including for racial equity practice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to key sit for up to 4 hours, keystroke up to 3 hours and stand for up to 2 hours, and to operate all normal office equipment.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking APPLY on our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne
The Integrated Behavioral Health Social Worker role in Vermont at PPNNE is represented by the AFT union.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking APPLY on our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne/b15a175e-531e-42f2-a47e-5e687282f78e