Lawson's Finest Liquids
Beertender | Part Time
Location: 155 Carroll Road, Waitsfield, VT, USA
Lawson’s Finest Liquids crafts and delivers the finest and freshest beer to delight our fans. We are a values-driven company with a focus on excellence, cultivating and supporting vibrant communities, and having fun. We are passionate about delivering world-class brews throughout our nine-state Northeast region and beyond. Lawson’s Finest has an exciting opportunity for a multifaceted position in our Waitsfield, VT, Taproom & Retail operations. The Beertender plays a key role in providing exemplary service during every interaction with our guests, from the moment they arrive, elevating the Lawson’s Finest customer experience. Based on performance and business need, there is potential for this role to transition to full-time.
The ideal candidate:
- Loves to interact with people
- Has a passion for and a keen sense of the craft beer industry, its fan culture and associated expectations
- Has experience in the hospitality industry and employs strong customer service skills
- Is extremely organized, detail oriented, and has strong follow through with tasks
- Displays solid time management, discerning prioritization skills, and is self-motivated
- Possesses excellent communication skills, is honest, and hard-working
- Is eager to participate in food and beer sensory training to enhance product knowledge
- Is open to cross training in all aspects of our operation to maximize efficiency
- Multifaceted role working in both the Taproom & Retail operations. Duties range from taking orders and serving beverages in the Taproom, selling packaged beer & merchandise in our retail store and an occasional shift expediting our tasting plates from the kitchen.
- Greet customers cheerfully and encourage an atmosphere of hospitality in the taproom
- Engage with each customer directly, giving each the attention they deserve, and making them feel welcomed while working to meet their needs quickly and efficiently
- Politely and respectfully address customers’ questions about the brewery and beer
- Process transactions in a point of sale system and accurately handle cash
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Clean glassware, utensils, and bar equipment; responsible for consistent sanitation and proper food handling
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) governing Taproom and Retail operations
- Assist in maintaining a pleasant taproom environment (temperature, music, cleanliness)
- Assist in Retail merchandise stocking and inventory protocol
Requirements & Expectations:
- Highly organized
- Available for regular weekend shifts
- Point of sales system knowledge and experience highly desired
- Willingness to work holidays, nights and weekends as a regular work schedule
- Must thrive working independently and demonstrate a positive personality
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, and extended amounts of physical activity with prolonged standing and talking
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time
- A willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- Must be an effective communicator
- Craft beer knowledge preferred
- Must be 21 years or older
We offer a generous total compensation package for the right individual. Starting salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include paid time-off, profit sharing, paid holidays, and 401k plan with company match.
Lawson’s Finest Liquids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to equity, inclusion and diversity. We believe that all forms of diversity make us better at everything that we do – fostering innovation and connecting us more closely to our customers and communities. Lawson’s Finest is especially interested in candidates that contribute to the diversity, inclusion and excellence of organization.
Lawson’s Finest Liquids provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Apply online at https://www.lawsonsfinest.com/about-us/careers/