Chroma Technology Corp
Automated Systems Engineering Intern | Paid Internship
Location: 10 Imtec Lane
Automated Systems Engineering Intern
Bellow Falls, Vermont
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for an Automated Systems Engineering Intern!
Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation.
At Chroma, a “Systems” Engineer is someone with the breadth of skills to handle entire projects that involve mechanical, electrical, and process engineering, usually all glued together with software. This internship position is intended to provide exposure to a variety of engineering projects and experiences within Chroma. The candidate will work closely with an existing engineer(s) on specific projects that will involve various aspects of automation. While the core of this systems work involves software engineering, the intern will be expected to contribute to additional areas such as robotics, electrical controls, image analysis, process characterization, or mechanical design/drawings. Projects and responsibilities will be selected with consideration of the candidate’s skills and experience.
- Work with a mentor to contribute to new and ongoing automation and manufacturing tool projects by applying a variety of engineering skills
- Potential opportunities to work with robotics and image analysis software as part of automation projects.
- Manufacturing improvement projects including qualification and documentation of new processes, materials, or equipment.
- Characterization projects using various inspection techniques including microscopes, vision systems, and interferometers.
- Communicate project status and results in writing and live presentations. A final project status presentation is expected at the end of the internship.
- A minimum of three years of undergraduate education in engineering or science at the time of the internship.
- Software Engineering experience, ideally involving interaction with the physical world.
- Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose before the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption before the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact email@example.com.
Please apply on our website.