Let's Grow Kids
Associate Director of Campaign Giving | Full Time
LGK seeks an experienced fundraising professional with a minimum five years of experience in nonprofit development and direct donor relations (or equivalent experience) to join its dynamic development team. Working closely with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and the Director of Campaign Giving, the Associate Director of Campaign Giving will expand philanthropic support for LGK’s mission. The primary role of the Associate Director of Campaign Giving is to grow LGK’s pool of mid-tier donors in Vermont through strategic relationship management, solicitation, events, and other cultivation methods. This position will report to the CDO as part of the Development Department.
The position responsibilities include:
- Research, qualify, and cultivate new major gift donor prospects in Vermont with target metrics developed in conjunction with the CDO.
- Develop annual donor stewardship and cultivation plan and associated calendar.
- Plan and execute a slate of donor and prospect cultivation events throughout Vermont with the goal of increasing giving to LGK and LGKAN from existing supporters and new donors.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization in both individual face-to-face meetings and in front of groups at events.
- Maintain complete and accurate constituent (donor) records in EveryAction and effectively use data to maximize fundraising results.
- Support CEO and CDO in their stewardship and cultivation of major donors.
- Work collaboratively with LGK staff across teams to best support donor stewardship, solicitations, and events.
- Other duties as needed to assist the Development Department in reaching its annual fundraising goals, under the direction of the CDO.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Interest in and passion for LGK’s mission.
- Minimum five years’ experience in nonprofit development and direct donor relations, ideally managing a portfolio of donors, and experience operating in a campaign environment with multiple priorities (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrated ability to establish, develop, and maintain meaningful and authentic relationships with donor prospects, donors, board members, and other constituents.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with diverse donors and other stakeholders in a range of multi-disciplinary settings.
- Demonstrated success in the solicitation of annual and major gifts.
- Experience planning and managing donor cultivation events in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent research skills and knowledge of online research tools.
- Highly self-motivated, metrics driven, and goal oriented.
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work independently.
- Ability to listen well, communicate clearly, and relate to others personally and professionally.
- Sensitivity to handling financial and confidential information on behalf of donors.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and mail merge functions) and ability to use EveryAction.
- Interest and ability to work across diverse cultures and constituencies and participate actively in the organization’s diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and manage work with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
LGK has office locations in Burlington and Montpelier. This full-time, 2- to 3-year position will require statewide travel to visit with donors and attend staff and team meetings/retreats. Business hours are 9 AM–5 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional event support on evenings and weekends.
Deadline: May 18, 2021 12:00 am
Please email a cover letter and résumé to Erin Roche, Director of Operations & Evaluation (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 18, 2021 with Associate Director of Campaign Giving in the subject line.
For more information, see the post on our website.