Tiny Home Helper, Inc.
Assistant Property Manager, part-time | Part Time
Category: Community Services
Location: 100 Cedar Hill Lane, Montpelier, VT, USA
Location: Montpelier, VT plus work-from-home/remote
Employee type: 1099 contractor for 3 month commitment with opportunity to hire after
Pay rate: $1,000.00/month
Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week
The Assistant Property Manager will assist the Property Manager in managing 36 residential units in Montpelier, Vermont. This individual will become the primary point of contact for residents & the daily activities of the community including answering emails, phone calls, showing apartments, drafting leases, resident relations, some collections, general office administration, policy & procedure compliance, and project management. The ideal candidate will be able to occupy the Montpelier office for 2 hours weekdays during regular business hours on a schedule they choose. Remotely checking email & answering the phone are required, including weekends as needed.
The Assistant Property Manager is expected to foster community and the well-being of all individuals while being consistent with the goals & objectives of the company.
Primary skills needed:
- The desire to help people
- The capacity to solve problems
- Stay firm but courteous in challenging interactions
- Work independently
- Reading and writing
- Basic math
- Ability to sit in a chair at a computer desk
- Walking including stairs and paved slopes
- Lifting less than 20lbs
- Speaking on the phone and face-to-face
Daily activities would include:
- Computer admin/project management
- Answering email & phone
- Process maintenance requests
- Follow the application acceptance & review process
- Miscellaneous Office/Clerical Work like dropping off mail and filing
Weekly-Monthly-Annual activities include:
- Showing apartments, either individually or through an open house
- Walking the grounds, including going up and down stairs
- Prepare lease drafts for review
- Schedule and coordinate turnover of apartments
- Ensure compliance with various city, state and related governmental agency requirements.
- You will need to have your own smart phone for the Phone Service app
- In the office, we provide/use:
- a land-line phone
- Apple computers
- Google Suite and Microsoft office products
As a part-time contractor, there are no standard benefits. Soft benefits include free on-site parking, coffee, and wifi. The office is dog-friendly, too.
At Tiny Home Helper, we are the Collaborative Class. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is people. True, we are self-sufficient individuals, but we come together and build on one another’s strengths to demonstrate our beliefs in how humans deserve to be treated, no matter their background. Our core values are Freedom, Community, Problem-solving, and Authenticity. We practice these beliefs by sharing information, collaborating, innovating, seeking feedback, and admitting errors.
Candidates interested in growing with our young company may have an interest in:
- Landcare like mowing and weeding/planting
- Marketing, photography, or graphic design
- Construction and handyperson work
Tiny Home Helper, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that represents the vibrant communities we serve. Candidates across all markers of identity and expressions (genders, sexualities, races, religions, ages, national origins, and abilities, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply to this position, especially those with marginalized identities.
Please reply via firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter attached as a .pdf file, thank you.