Asset Management Analyst | Full Time
Category: Environmental Products/Services
Asset Management Analyst
Location: Burlington, VT or remote
Since 2000, Native has worked with clients to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen clients’ businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
Our primary business model focuses on crafting custom projects for leading global brands. We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to clients’ stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their supply chain.
Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, engineers and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking an Asset Management Analyst to join our team.
This role joins our Asset Management team to assist in managing Native’s portfolio of carbon offset projects. The project portfolio includes a diverse array of projects, including renewable energy, dairy farm manure management systems, soil carbon sequestration in grazing and croplands, and water filtration technology. The Asset Manager reports to the Director of Asset Management.
The day to day workload varies, but primary responsibilities involve collecting project data from partners, planning and overseeing monitoring activities, quantifying project emissions reductions, preparing validation and verification documents, managing online registry accounts, and assisting with invoice processing.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with the technical concepts of greenhouse gas and climate change science, and can work collaboratively with various stakeholders including farmers, private sector partners, non-profit organizations, and various oversight and/or regulatory bodies. Periodic international travel (post-COVID) will be required.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Support in emissions reductions modeling and quantification, validation and verifications according to internationally recognized standards (Verra/VCS, Gold Standard, Climate Action Reserve, and California ARB)
- Support project development activities such as risk assessment and due diligence, financial modeling, and emissions reduction potential quantification
- Support project participant relationships with on-boarding for new partners, data collection, and ongoing check-ins and monitoring
- Maintain project timelines and meet firm deadlines
- Manage online carbon credit and Renewable Energy Credit (REC) registry accounts, including initiating/approving supply and sales transactions according to contract agreements
- Travel when necessary to project sites, including potential overseas travel (once safe to do so)
- Collaborate with Native’s Sales and Marketing team to support client needs, including providing project documentation and performance summaries
What you bring:
- General understanding of greenhouse gases and climate change science
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data management
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- A process-oriented mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines with internal and external stakeholders
- Background in engineering, environmental science, natural resource management, or similar field
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of and experience with carbon standards and methodologies
- Statistical analysis and modeling
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems analysis and mapping
To submit an application, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Asset Management Analyst in the subject line.
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please share any feedback on how we can make our recruiting more accessible by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.