Vermont Arts Council
Artist Services Coordinator | Part Time
Location: 136 State Street, Montpelier, VT
The Vermont Arts Council, an independent nonprofit statewide organization based in Montpelier, seeks an artist services coordinator.
About the Arts Council
Since 1965, the Vermont Arts Council has been the state’s primary funder and advocate for the arts and cultural experiences throughout the state. We envision a Vermont where everyone has access to the arts and creativity in their lives, education, and communities.
The artist services coordinator oversees our grant making and support offered to individual artists. The person in this position is responsible for developing and coordinating services and grants for artists and for collaborating with the Council’s program and communication teams to ensure the best support possible for Vermont’s dynamic artistic community.
Manage artist grant programs. Includes:
- coordinating grant program activities with other program staff
- coordinating the grant review panel process including guideline review, applicant assistance, funding recommendations, final report review, and program outreach
- assuring proper implementation of grant policies and procedures and compliance with federal, state and private funding requirements
- serving as a voting member of staff panels making rolling and small grant award recommendations to the executive director
- making site visits to grantees and potential applicants and partners to provide assistance and consultation and to keep current with their activities and issues
- ensuring grantees are compliant with Section 504/ADA accessibility regulations, with guidance from the Council’s Section 504/ADA compliance coordinator
Coordinate program services and collaborations. Includes:
- providing support and resources to artists
- participating as a member of the Council’s Programs team to facilitate collaborations, and help grow a supportive network of arts and community groups
- coordinating and conducting workshops and networking opportunities for artists and arts organizations to support their professional development needs
Manage general and other program requirements. Includes:
- managing grant program budgets and other line items or project budgets
- participating in Council events and activities as appropriate
- Knowledge of the arts and the role of the arts in Vermont communities
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to be an effective and engaged presenter, listener, collaborator, and reporter
- The ability to develop and take the actions needed to successfully implement projects with the cooperation of key partners and constituents
- Skill in working in teams and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage budgets, multiple priorities, and tight deadlines
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and social media skills; and the ability to learn to make best use of technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
Experience with grant administration highly desirable.
Working Conditions and Compensation
This is a part-time, 24-28 hours/week position, with a flexible work schedule. Salary range is $27,500-$29,900.
The work will also require some light lifting, travel in-state and out-of-state, and attending/participating in some evening and weekend events. Personal transportation required.
The Vermont Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic bias, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or other category protected by applicable state or federal law.
Deadline: February 22, 2019 12:00 am
Applications will be accepted until February 22, 2019, although interviews may begin earlier. Please send a resume, cover letter, and the names of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ATTN: Artist Services Position” in the subject line.