Accounts Payable Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 20 Winooski Falls Way, 5th Floor
VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For over 30 years VEIC has been working with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to develop and deploy clean energy services that provide immediate and lasting change. With expertise in energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and new approaches for a clean and flexible grid, VEIC brings innovative solutions to the market. VEIC is nationally recognized for developing pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance new technologies. In addition to our full-service consulting business (Energy Services), VEIC administers three large-scale sustainable energy programs: Efficiency Vermont, Efficiency Smart, and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU).
VEIC is seeking a Accounts Payable Coordinator to support our growing portfolio and support our Accounts Payable Team with ensuring completely and accuracy of the accounts payable process. This role enjoys engaging work within a non-profit, forward-thinking energy consulting business.
We are committed to building an inclusive work community that represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Qualified candidates in Vermont will be considered. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Performs and/or reviews establishment of all new Vendor records with VEIC accounts payable systems. Assists with routine reviews of existing vendor records to ensure all data on file is complete and correct.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for both internal and external customers of the Accounts Payable function.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for management of the AP invoice approval system, training materials and support to external customers.
- Provides back up support to the payroll process and employee reimbursements.
- Pulls together the draft accounts payable process narrative for review by the Manager of Disbursements & Payroll.
- Functionally times and executes check runs to coordinate with business unit operational requirements as well as VEIC fiscal calendar requirements.
- Reviews information system functionality against corporate operational needs and works with Manager of Disbursements & Payroll to develop alignment and efficiencies.
- With the Manager of Disbursements & Payroll, ensures all vendor, incentive and subcontractor invoices are coded to appropriate general ledger and project codes.
- Responsible for uploading positive pay items weekly to the bank portal. Additionally responsible for researching and responding to positive pay issues, such as stale dated checks, or potential duplicate payments.
- Works closely with the Manager of Disbursements & Payroll to establish, update and enforce VEIC fiscal policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation of all core A/P functions and updates Finance department procedure manuals as necessary.
- Responds to payment data requests from operating divisions and Finance department to support divisional and corporate management activities utilizing the JIRA system.
- Coordinates monthly credit card reconciliation process ensuring reconciliations are complete and in compliance with the VEIC Corporate Credit Card Policy.
- Assists in the generation of annual 1099 mailing and file submission to the IRS.
- Works closely with accounting staff to resolve any problems with subcontractor invoices.
- Helps to manage VEIC’s compliance with IRS records retention schedules.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining check stock for applicable VEIC bank account in which payments are issued from.
- Validates Vendor TIN information utilizing IRS secure portal to ensure compliance with 1099 reporting requirements.
- On an as needed basis, assists with other tasks and functions within VEIC’s accounting department. Provides support to the activities of VEIC, as necessary, to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Associate’s degree or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Three to five years accounting experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Project/job accounting experience preferred.
- Possess a high level of customer service orientation.
- Experience with payroll processing activities and knowledge of payroll reporting concepts and requirements.
- Strong desktop computing skills and experience with corporate accounting and accounts payable systems.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1454/accounts-payable-coordinator/job?mobile=false&width=872&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240