Accounting Assistant | Full Time
This position reports to the Accountant.
Stone Environmental, a 100% employee-owned science and engineering consulting company, is seeking an energetic individual to fill a full-time, entry level Accounting Assistant role. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who is motivated to set and achieve goals and take initiative within the workplace. They are organized, professional and demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Most importantly, they have a positive attitude, willingness to master tasks and learn new skills, and the ability to adapt to a wide variety of tasks. This individual must be an effective team player who works cooperatively with others within the Foundations Team to support the Organization. This position is located in our Montpelier, VT office. Opportunities for long-term growth are possible for the right candidate.
The person performing this job will be responsible for the following functions:
- A working knowledge of accounting procedures, including but not limited to A/P, A/R, corporate credit card management, and month end reconciliation.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic office environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to providing excellent service
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver to target
- Familiarity with Deltek Ajera and/or Vantagepoint software is a plus
- Accounts Payable Processes including maintaining vendor record information, processing vendor invoices with a high degree of accuracy as well as other data input functions
- Accounts Receivable Processes including managing deposits, assisting with Client collections functions
- Reconciliations including: Credit cards, employee expense reports, and other General ledger balance sheet accounts
- Supporting Accountant and/or Controller, on additional tasks, as needed
- Greeting and assisting visitors, clients and employees
- Processing incoming/outgoing mail
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Executing Mailings & Manage Shipments
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
Associates/B.A/B.S preferred. Experience in an office setting is a plus.
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page on our company website at www.stone-env.com to apply online.