Accounting and Project Analyst | Full Time
Category: Environmental Products/Services
Accounting and Project Analyst
Location: Burlington, VT or remote
Since 2000, Native has worked with clients to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen clients’ businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
Our primary business model focuses on crafting custom projects for leading global brands. We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to clients’ stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their supply chain.
Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, engineers, and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking an Accounting and Project Analyst to join our team.
About the role
This role will report to the VP, Project Development and Origination. In addition, you will work closely with Native’s CEO, as well as provide support to Native’s Project team, to facilitate excellent project data management and financial reporting and reconciliation.
While your day-to-day workload will vary, your primary responsibilities involve providing accounting support, for both in-house needs and project needs. Depending on the time of year and current project stage, this could include creating and distributing monthly or quarterly financial statements, budgeting and forecasting, collecting partner project data, managing project invoicing and payment plans, assisting with the preparation of validation and verification documents, and managing online registry accounts.
What you’ll accomplish:
Finance and Accounting (50%)
- Manage, develop, and optimize accounting accrual reports for quarterly reconciliations between Quickbooks and Salesforce
- Manage quarterly financial reporting
- Post standard monthly journal entries
- Create customized monthly and quarterly budget and forecast reports
- Assist in corporate and project budget development
- Support CEO with finance, managerial and financial accounting projects as needed
- Propose and execute best practices and processes for generating and managing various business planning and financial reports
Project Origination and Development (50%)
- Working closely with the Project Origination and Development team, assist with data management for current and future GHG emission reduction or removal projects
- Develop spreadsheets for project cost/ economic modelling and analysis to support existing and new projects
- Support project development activities such as risk assessment and due diligence, financial modeling, and emissions reduction potential quantification
- Support project participant relationships with on-boarding for new partners, data collection, and ongoing project monitoring
What you bring:
- Proficiency with Excel, spreadsheet development and management
- Demonstrated familiarity with Quickbooks, Salesforce, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint Excel), and Google Workspace
- An exacting attention to detail
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- Experience managing projects and initiatives across multiple, diverse stakeholders
- A process-oriented and problem-solving mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously
- 2-4 years experience in finance or data management
- Working knowledge of climate change issues
- Experience in Asana
- Statistics training and experience with monte carlo (or other) types of analysis and simulations
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Openness to ongoing learning opportunities and skills training
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting and Project Analyst” in the subject line.
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better. We strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.