Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Accountant | Full Time
Location: 445 Industrial Lane
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for an Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross is transitioning to hybrid workplace by July 2022, where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office will work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
- Provide professional accounting support to a variety of financial functions for the Plan, including but not limited to:
- The monthly financial close process
- Journal and general ledger activities
- Preparation of interim Financial Statements
- Maintaining general ledger accounts
- Cost center spreadsheets
- Journal entry templates
- Cash accounting
- Payroll accounting
- Corporate wide accounts payable and accounts receivable activities
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Three to Five years of professional accounting experience required with experience in financial analysis required.
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!