Vermont Electric Power Company
Accountant I | Full Time
Location: 366 Pinnacle Ridge Rd, Rutland, VT 05701, USA
Why you should join our team
This role is an entry level position responsible for a wide range of financial related tasks. The responsibilities include supporting financial areas such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Property and General Accounting.
How you will make an impact
• Receive, review and process vendor invoices for electronic approval with the correct purchase order and project codes, as well as proper application of credits, discounts and sales and use tax.
• Prepare and maintain processes and reports that reconcile billable project costs with general ledger activity to assure complete and accurate billing with financial, contract and regulatory guidelines.
• Reconcile customer accounts to ensure accurate accounts receivable.
• Reconcile daily inventory activity with Virtual Warehouse, including receiving transactions, picking activity, moves and periodic cycle counts.
• Process property tax invoices in collaboration with Plant Accountant.
• Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors using various software applications and accounting systems.
• Maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure accurate information is maintained and easily available.
• Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity.
• Communicate and collaborate with other departments, auditors, tax authorities and vendors on projects and activities.
• Prepare or update written procedures for accounting processes.
• Participate in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company.
• Perform other duties as required to support the Accounting Department.
Who you are
Associates degree in accounting/finance/business or equivalent finance experience at a minimum.
This is an entry level to the professional accounting family of jobs.
The fine print
• Experience with Microsoft Office and various accounting and database applications.
• Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail.
• A willingness to learn new skills and availability to change.
• Familiarity with the utility industry is a plus.
A strong work ethic and ability to work independently is desired. The talent for teamwork, collaboration and communication are vital. The ability to manage multiple assignments and produce accurate results in a high demand environment is central to the position.
• Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk while working at a computer.
• Must be able to maintain a fast pace while completing complex work accurately, in potentially stressful situations, with competing priorities, within tight timelines and with frequent interruptions.
• Must be able to work additional hours when necessary.
VELCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
• Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
• Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successful reference check, background check, physical examination, drug screening, and documentation of Covid-19 vaccination unless candidate qualifies for a vaccine exemption.
• VELCO’s headquarters are located in Rutland, Vermont. This is a hybrid position and the expectation is that the incumbent will spend at least two days per week onsite and more as needed.
• If you need an accommodation as part of the application or interview process please reach out.
Please apply on our website: https://velco.breezy.hr