ACCOUNT MANAGER | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
We are seeking an experienced account manager with 5-7 years experience to oversee the strategic marketing efforts for one of our energy clients in the northeast.
Account Managers are responsible for managing, building and maintaining mutually beneficial and high-value relationships with clients, with primary focus consistently placed upon:
Supporting, promoting and executing KSV’s belief that each project, no matter how tactical it may appear, is a strategic opportunity.
The Account Manager will generally look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the marshaling of agency resources. The Account Manager will be the key, day-to-day agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. They must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency business. The Account Manager reviews all strategic and media decisions formulated by the various operating departments before they are delivered to the client. The Account Manager reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before delivery to the client for approval.
- Owns and manages client relationships, maintaining direct, day-to-day, client contact
- Provides strategic guidance to our clients through ability to see the “big picture” and solve business challenges
- Anticipates, identifies and solves internal and client challenges
- Directs the activities of the team to ensure proper agency service to clients
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a lead role in their development
- Develops, coordinates and authorizes work estimates for client approval
- Manages buy-in from key KSV stakeholders prior to scope of work submissions
- Effectively manages client’s budgets and scope changes as needed
- Supports revenue and profitability objectives through organic growth and effective management
Project Leadership & Management
- Receives client briefings
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to support the production of communications strategy and plans
- Briefs creative and media staff
- Provides creative, production, media, public relations and interactive department personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups
- Checks and approves copy, design, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same
- In the absence of creative and media personnel, presents and effectively sells communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in selling concepts and plans
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments
- Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available resources including; reading, courses and seminars, etc.
- Represents the agency at industry functions—promotes the agency at every opportunity. Is fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties
- Experience working in an agency or consultancy setting a must
- Experience working in the energy industry is ideal but not required
- Demonstrated analytical thinker
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter and problem solver
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Dynamic presentation skills
- Expert at managing multiple projects and competing timelines
- Able to work with various interpersonal styles to deliver high-quality results
- A desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- Desire for feedback that will push your work to the next level
- Great self-management and organization skills
KSV is certified BCorp and a women-owned and led collective of creative and strategic thinkers who are committed to a more sustainable existence. As part of our team you’ll have the daily opportunity to be part of something bigger than just yourself, because everything we do is filled with a purpose. And that’s enough to fill us up with all types of good stuff.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Parental leave
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays include the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the following Friday
- Summer half-day Fridays
- Flexible work environment
KSV is a signer of the equal pay compact and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: April 23, 2022 12:00 am
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.