Account Manager | Full Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
The Account Manager has experience in business development and/or customer support. Primary responsibilities are to meet assigned energy efficiency or key performance targets by proactively engaging and managing relationships with customers and partners. Account Managers work closely with peers to develop long-term strategic goals for the department that advance Efficiency Vermont’s mission and bring the voice of the customer into the decision-making process. This position also works cross-functionally in both internal and external-facing roles in a primarily supportive role to program staff and customers. This role is tasked with supporting customers and partners to manage energy use in a way that benefits the environment, stimulates the economy and lowers energy costs for Vermonters.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Achieves energy savings, service, and partnership goals as measured against department and team metrics.
- Develops strategic relationships and becomes a trusted and valued resource for customers, communities and partner organizations.
- Identifies opportunities within customer and prospective customer base and collaborates with Energy Consultants and other VEIC and sub-contractor staff to ensure timely project completion.
- Begins to develop subject matter expertise in one or more energy efficient technologies or customer/partner segments.
- Implements initiatives that respond to specific customer or partner needs.
- Serves as the voice of the customer by collaborating with internal colleagues to ensure products and services offered by Efficiency Vermont address market needs.
- Extensive collaboration with internal colleagues including Energy Engineers, Consultants, Customer Support, and Program Managers.
- Seeks to understand the economic and business dynamics of customers and partners and collaborates with peers and managers to advance broader organizational goals.
- Participates in Efficiency Vermont outreach events as necessary.
- Commitment: Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Education: Associate’s degree and one to five+ years’ experience in a business to business or professional services field or a combination of education and experience in a related field that demonstrates comparable knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skill: Displays strong interpersonal skill, irrespective of industry. Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Project Management Skill: Uses tools provided to effectively keep projects/relationships on track toward productive ends. Ability to handle competing priorities and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate. Proficiency with contact management, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Adaptability/Empathy: Demonstrated ability to understand the economic and business dynamics of assigned accounts/relationships. Conversant in business finance options and capable of clearly articulating the options and/or willingness to quickly learn similar customer/partner-centric motivations.
- Consultative Sales Skill: Demonstrated ability to obtain client commitment and bring projects to closure. Responsible for the complete ongoing satisfaction of all assigned accounts/relationships.
- A valid Vermont driver’s license and compliance with the Motor Vehicle Safety guidelines outlined in VEIC’s personnel policies.
Internal – Office work is normally performed in either a home office or in VEIC’s climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of office job duties. Depending on territory assignment, a remote work arrangement may be required or optional.
External – Intense travel requiring 75% of time on road and an average of 15,000 miles per year. Occasional overnight travel may be required. Work may require exposure to commercial and industrial work environments. Field outreach may require the use of a personal vehicle in addition to access and use of an EVT fleet vehicle.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials and computer screen. Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing of approximately 40 pounds such as files, documents, and some equipment. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboards at a moderate skill level. Repetitive motion injuries may occur. Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1368/account-manager/job