Wedding Assistant Intern | ASAP
Hours Per Week: 32
Position Starts: ASAP
End Date: October 2019
Pay: $10.78/hr or higher
Location: West Dover, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Mount Snow is a four-season mountain resort with skiing and snowboarding, Carinthia Parks, dining, on-site lodging and spa, golf course, downhill mountain biking, and summer events. They are seeking a Wedding Assistant Intern, reports to the Director of Sales and will take on the following responsibilities:
- To provide excellent customer service to couples on their wedding day.
- Will assist Service Manager with duties such as event set up and break down, and event design.
- Will help in the execution of a successful wedding.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Service Manager with weddings, this could include bringing the wedding
group to the summit for photos, making sure party is staying on time, assist with any
needs the wedding party may have.
- Make sure all supplies and related materials for the wedding are ready for each use and
greet any entertainers that may be booked by the client and show them the setup
- Set up of venue, including setting up tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, table numbers,
escort cards/seating assignment, event signage and décor, guestbook, pictures, lighting
candles, favors, etc.
- As needed assist the Banquets department while group is in house, this could include
banquet set up or serving of meals.
- Follow all safety standards and procedures. Perform duties in a manner to maximize
safety and minimize risk to self and others.
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3-6 months of experience in customer service and
college course work in hospitality management is preferred or a combination of education
and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired;
- Excellent guest services skills needed. Must possess a customer service mind-set;
- Knowledge of the area is preferred;
- Good communication skills;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members.
At Mount Snow we work as a team, flexing with the business and team needs.
Responsibilities, duties and the requirements for this position may change at any time, with
or without a change in title, benefits or salary. Like most jobs in the ski industry, this position
requires a flexible schedule, possibly working outdoors in all elements, working holidays,
weekends and long hours as necessary.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Crystal Jackson, Conference Service Manager, Mount Snow, PO Box 2805, West Dover, VT 05356. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.