Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
Web Marketing Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Starts: June 8, 2020
End Date: August 14, 2020
Location: Burlington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
VEIC is a sustainable energy company with a mission to enhance the economic, environmental, and societal benefits of clean and efficient energy use for all people. Headquartered in Vermont with offices in Ohio, Washington D.C., and New York state, VEIC has over 32 years’ experience transforming energy systems, specializing in energy efficiency, clean transportation, and renewable energy. In addition to its full-service consulting business, VEIC operates three large-scale energy efficiency utilities: Efficiency Vermont, Efficiency Smart, and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU); and has launched three mission-aligned subsidiaries that promote community-level solutions for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The Web Marketing Intern’s primary responsibility is to assist the organization in having an engaging, innovative, and consistent brand across the organization’s websites. Candidates must be fast learners, organized, energetic, analytical, and proactive. This position is a full-time summer internship. Using creative thinking and exceptional customer focus, the Web Marketing Intern partners with VEIC’s internal Marketing team to deliver high-quality products; they serve as an integral member of the Marketing team while contributing to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable, and stimulating work environment.
Diversity & Inclusion statement
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Assists the web team in the upkeep of web content, management of web documents, and creation of marketing emails.
- Responds to requests using issue tracking software, communicate directly with team and internal clients for follow up and status updates.
- Reviews existing pages to update content, format, links, etc., to meet best practices and standards.
- Provides support to the website activities of the marketing team as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- Experience with content management systems and bug tracking systems.
- Ability to work within a team environment, supporting the needs of internal clients in a timely manner.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; the ability to meet deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software including Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator, preferred.
- Personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate-controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – No travel is required.
There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials and computer screen. Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboards at a moderate skill level. Repetitive motion injuries may occur. Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Brent McGlynn, HR & Facilities Coordinator, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation, 128 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 401, Burlington, VT 05401. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an intake form and you will be redirected to VEIC’s human resources page to upload your cover letter and resume. Applications due by Friday, February 21st.