Vermont Employee Ownership Center (VEOC)
Program & Research Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 20
Position Starts: May 29, 2018
End Date: August 31, 2018
Main Focus of Internship:
The Vermont Employee Ownership Center (VEOC) is a statewide non-profit whose mission is to promote and foster employee ownership in order to broaden capital ownership, deepen employee participation, retain jobs, increase living standards for working families, and stabilize communities.
This position is generally intended for a rising college junior, senior, or graduate student, but non-students with a college degree and interest in employee-ownership are also welcome to apply. VEOC seeks a Program & Research Intern to work support the work of the organization with the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation for, and execution of, the 16th Annual Vermont Employee Ownership Conference on June 8th
- Update our annual survey of Vermont employee-owned companies and writing a report on the results
- Assist with marketing and outreach work for seminars and events
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Strong written communication skills, including Google Docs and Sheets proficiency.
- Pursuing or possessing a degree in business, community development, economics, or a related field and/or a strong demonstrated independent interest in employee ownership, alternative business models, etc.
- If currently enrolled in an academic program, a GPA of at least 3.0
- Experience with event planning
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- The intern will be expected to work 20 hours per week for the internship, with the exception of the week of the Conference. The intern’s schedule, including weeks off, will be finalized prior to the start of the internship.
- The intern must be available to work up to 40 hours the week of the Conference, including the evening of June 7th and all day June 8.
- The intern must complete their hours no later than August 31, 2018.
- Total hours for the summer will be 200
Your application will consist of your cover letter and resume. Please address your cover letter to Matthew Cropp, Associate Director, Vermont Employee Ownership Center, P.O. Box 546, Burlington, VT 05402. Applications will only be accepted by clicking on the”Apply” button on this page. You will complete an application form and upload your application materials. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 9th.