UBS Financial Services
Sustainable Investing Research & Communication Assistant | Fall
Hours Per Week: 6-10 hours per week, flexible hours
Position Starts: September 2019
End Date: May 2020
Location: South Burlington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Building on its history of over 150 years, UBS is committed to bringing its global resources to bear on the portfolios of high net worth individuals to help them pursue their wealth management goals. UBS Financial Services is seeking a Sustainable Investing Research & Communication Assistant. This is an opportunity to learn different aspects of private client wealth management practice with a focus on sustainable and socially responsible investment. The primary role is to manage a client and prospect communication program: research, letters, emails, social media, and event planning.
- Following current news, research and trends in sustainable investing;
- Writing summaries and updates for social media and client/partner communications;
- Assisting with social media management and digital subscription services;
- Assisting with events: facility arrangements, invitation mailings, and presentation logistics.
- Freshmen through juniors welcome to apply.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in sustainable and impact investing and be interested in following current research and trends.
Desired Skills, Attributes, and Knowledge:
- Must be literate in both Microsoft Word and Excel. LinkedIn experience would be useful.
- Depending upon the student’s specific interests, additional opportunities in wealth management, financial research or marketing can be part of the internship.
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
Your application will consist of a cover letter (optional) and resume. Please direct your cover letter to David Carris, VP Wealth Management, UBS Financial Services, 38 Eastwood Drive, Suite 400, South Burlington, VT 05403. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume.