Local Motion Inc.
Social Media Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 10-15
Position Starts: June 1, 2020
End Date: August 15, 2020
Location: Burlington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
The intern will develop and implement a social media plan for Local Motion. This will involve organizing a schedule for posting (when, where, how many times, etc), creating stories and content related to our industry, monitoring performance and preparing analysis of the data for the posts. Other related duties will be assigned as time permits.
Local Motion is Vermont’s statewide non-profit advocate for active transportation, vibrant communities, and safe streets. Based in Burlington Vermont, we work at the local and state levels to support better roads and trails for biking and walking, teach bike skills training programs for children and adults, collaborate with government to improve on-road safety, and inspire and support local advocates across Vermont to become leaders for better biking and walking in their communities. We also rent bikes to the public at our Trailside Center and operate the Island Line Bike Ferry connecting the Burlington area to the Champlain Islands.
- Experience working with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, including collecting and analyzing data;
- Experience with Photoshop;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Aptitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, versatile, dynamic environment;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Ability to supply own laptop for duration of internship a plus.
Educational / Professional Development
Intern will gain experience making and executing a social media plan, working within a schedule and meeting deadlines. Intern will enjoy being in a fast-paced office environment.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
- Casual Dress
Our team is mission oriented, with a passion for making biking and walking a way of life in Vermont. Come work for an active non-profit, with a collaborative team that values everyone’s opinions. Casual and fun, yet goal-oriented.
Your application will consist of your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to Lynne Graves, Director of Human Resources, Local Motion, Inc., 1 Steele Street #103, Burlington, VT 05401. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and submit your application materials.