Small Business Marketing Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 10
Position Starts: Week of June 16th
End Date: 8-10 weeks
Location: Essex Junction
Main Focus of Internship:
Raymond’s Hallmark is a local gift shop located in Essex Junction, locally owned and operated for more than 38 years. They are committed to adapting the store to grow and engage their customers. The Small Business Marketing Intern assists in driving new customers to the store through social media/email/in store marketing.
- Weekly Email to customers
- Daily Facebook/Instagram posts
- Assist In store Marketing (Signing, Event Planning)
- Social Media knowledge/presence
- Comfortable learning new computer programs
- Ability to take and edit engaging pictures for store use
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Ability to change tasks quickly based on the need of the business;
- Have taken a marketing/small business class and seriously interested in pursuing marketing or small business after college;
- Worked in retail previously;
- Has equipment to take pictures and send emails. (phone, tablet, or laptop).
- Create and develop emails for customers on different platforms
- Run promotional ads on social media and budget.
- Intern will have the opportunity to control social media presence. They will be able to show a future employer how their skills will impact the results of a business.
- Store discount.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Kelly Marie Davis, Owner, Raymond’s Hallmark, 60 Pearl St Ste B, Essex Junction, VT 05452. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.