Vermont Telephone Company
Sales Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Starts: May 1, 2020
End Date: August 15, 2020
Pay: $12.00/hr and generous commissions
Location: Springfield, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Vermont Telephone Company is a chiefly a telecommunications provider, but it is also fundamentally a tech company. Those interested in technology and the changing landscape of the communications industry are strongly urged to apply, as sales and marketing individuals frequently collaborate with engineers to improve processes and growth within our industry. In short, no matter your seniority, title or scope within our organization, rest assured that you will gain insight within many areas of the telecom industry and these collaborations are strongly encouraged.
Vermont Telephone Company is a family owned business and predominately a woman-led organization.
Sales Interns will work with Vermont Telephone Company and VTel Wireless to sell dynamic, state-of-the-art telecommunication technologies, including, but not limited to: fiber optic internet, television, HD phone and 4G LTE home and mobile internet solutions. This is a full-time, paid opportunity. Accepted sales interns will have direct interaction with our customers and vendors as they develop and execute their own communication skills, as well as learn innovative and intricate sales techniques. In addition to selling our products in a variety of settings, which will include limited travel and phone/email sales, interns will research and formally report on market opportunities, observe routine sales, marketing and development presentations/meetings, and assist business systems with improvement initiatives.
Sales Interns will be paid an hourly base wage, plus a generous commission structure which will tie into weekly and monthly quotas. Interns are expected to work 10am-7pm/daily, Monday-Friday.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with execution of trade shows
- Assist in routine door-to-door sales and door knocking
- Practice cold calling, when needed
- Attend, assist in the planning of, and execute promotional events
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Prepare presentations
- A naturally charismatic, outgoing, college student who has completed their Freshman Year of College and graduating within the next three years or enrolled in a two-year program and have or will have completed 30 credit hours by May 20th, 2020.
- An applicant who is not afraid of hard work and enjoys being in a busy sales office as well as independently in the field. Specifically, we are seeking someone who is comfortable with multitasking and can manage multiple deadlines, as well as being comfortable working under pressure.
- Valid driver’s license is required, as well as reliable transportation to and from work.
- Applications must include a resume and letter of interest.
- Applicants are most preferred in fields of: Marketing, Business, Communications, Economics, although all applicants are welcome.
- If you are an upcoming college senior and graduating within 6 to 8 months, please let us know. We may have a unique ability to adapt this internship to a formal role.
Educational/Professional Development Outcomes
Interns will be fully trained on state-of-the-art sales and sales lead software, including CRMs (SalesForce driven). Interns will be lead by skilled team of sales and marketing professionals, who will ultimately guide all interns through all steps of the sales process.
Additional insight into marketing, including research and development efforts will be realized via grassroots and research.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Andie Spaans, Wireless Supervisor, Vermont Telephone Company, 354 River St, Springfield, VT 05156. Click on the ”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your letter of cover letter and resume.