Sales Associate | ASAP
Hours Per Week: 18-30
Position Starts: ASAP
End Date: 12 weeks
Location: St Albans, VT; Williston, VT; Berlin , VT; Middlebury, VT; Rutland, VT; Lydonville, VT; Essex Junction, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Since 1967, Fastenal has grown as a distributor of industrial and construction supplies from a single branch to approximately 3,000 servicing locations, each providing tailored local inventory and personal service for our customers.
Working as Part-Time Sales Associate PT, you will have the opportunity to balance formal training with real-world experience running a branch and working with customers. It’s a great way to learn the ropes of our fast-paced industry and potentially transition into a full-time position.
The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
- 18 years of age or over;
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements;
- Possess or are working towards a degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Possess strong computer skills and math aptitude;
- Exhibit strong aptitude for sales and desire to earn salary plus commission after the training period;
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and customer service oriented;
- Demonstrate our core values of ambition, innovation, integrity and teamwork;
- Ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs;
- Ability to pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY).
Desired Skills, Attributes, and Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- People Person
- Enjoy Learning new experiences
Educational / Professional Development Experience
Fastenal promotes from within and works to train and develop people on how to run their own business.
Working for a Fortune 500 company for an internship/professional experience is great for all candidates whether they want to pursue a career with Fastenal or in another business venture.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Creative work
As we’ve expanded across the world, we’ve retained a core belief in people and their ability to accomplish remarkable things – if given the opportunity. From this philosophy stems an entrepreneurial culture that challenges every employee to run their own business, create their own success, and advance to become company leaders.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Brian St.Hilaire, District Manager, Fastenal Company, 613 Route 3 , Suite 200 Plattsburgh, NY 12901. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.