Marketing Intern | ASAP
Hours Per Week: 15-20
Position Starts: Now
End Date: May 2020
Pay: $13-15/depending on experience
Location: Brattleboro, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Assists by helping complete Marketing projects and activities. Works in collaboration and provides back up support for the Marketing Executive. Assist with website in multiple capacities. As part of this internship, employee may assist with other duties as assigned. Intern may be assigned to a specific project or several.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- A relevant understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Communicate professionally and articulately with existing customers to gain testimonials and customer feedback
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office, Power Point, Adobe, Photoshop, Indesign, Google Docs
- Demonstrated knowledge of major social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Perform website content enhancement (update and review content)
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Assist with promotional presentations and digital ad campaigns
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Help organize marketing events and trade show material development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or currently pursuing. Some related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: The above duties or working procedures describe the chief functions of the job. They are not considered a detailed description of every duty of the job. The job description is intended to be dynamic in nature, subject to addition or deletion as required by organizational changes and customer needs.
Desired Skills, Attributes and Knowledge:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, Ability to write reports, business correspondence, Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume, combined in a single Word or PDF document. Please direct your cover letter to Jennifer Locascio, HR Director, Omega Optical, 21 Omega Dr, Brattleboro, VT 05301. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume.