Cheese and Wine Traders
Marketing and Outreach Intern | Spring
Hours Per Week: 15 hours/week
Position Starts: August 13, 2020
End Date: ~ 6 months
Pay: $12.00/hour + discounts
Location: South Burlington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Cheese and Wine Traders is a Vermont family-owned specialty food store featuring over 1500 wines, 150+ cheeses, gourmet foods, Vermont made local products and handmade gift baskets all at great prices.
Cheese and Wine Traders is looking for a part-time Marketing & Outreach Intern to join our team at Cheese & Wine Traders! The Marketing & Outreach intern will work on the curation and development of the 5 social platforms Cheese and Wine Traders runs. With COVID-19 permitted we hope for the Marketing & Outreach intern to additionally assist our marketing team with development, communications, and planning for events both in-store and via online platforms.
As an intern with Cheese & Wine Traders you will:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop multi-platform social media content, engagement strategies, and in-store marketing and outreach;
- Assist in the content production process for all social media for the store;
- Copywriting, image editing, content research as needed;
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks;
- Help organize marketing events both in-store and online;
- Assist in website development and branding.
- High School or GED Equivalent
- Some University Experience Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of major social media channels (Facebook and Instagram)
- Passion for marketing and its best practices
- A relevant understanding of Marketing Techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work ~10-15 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
Desired Skills, Attributes, and Knowledge
- Strong desire to learn & a professional drive
- Graphic design background
- A creatively driven individua
- Someone who is a self-starter and well organized!
- A creative eye for photographing product
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience with Adobe Lightroom and Social Media Platforms
Educational / Professional Development Outcomes
- Experience with social media platforms for business (ie Later, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Experience with online retail platforms for Shopify
- A new understanding of marketing strategies for a small business
- Working in an energetic and fast-paced environment
- Networking with multiple businesses around both the Chittenden Country Area and all of Vermont (and beyond)
- Time management, deadline management, and organization of Social media platforms and their respective scheduling practices.
- How to market products to different demographics
Work Environment and Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Creative work
- Casual Dress
We’re a young hardworking team looking for new team members to join us!
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Nick Savasta, Owner, Cheese and Wine Traders, 1186 Williston Rd., South Burlington, VT 05403. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.