Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
Help Desk Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Position Starts: June 8, 2020
End Date: August 14, 2020
Location: Burlington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
VEIC is a sustainable energy company with a mission to enhance the economic, environmental, and societal benefits of clean and efficient energy use for all people. Headquartered in Vermont with offices in Ohio, Washington D.C., and New York state, VEIC has over 32 years’ experience transforming energy systems, specializing in energy efficiency, clean transportation, and renewable energy. In addition to its full-service consulting business, VEIC operates three large-scale energy efficiency utilities: Efficiency Vermont, Efficiency Smart, and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU); and has launched three mission-aligned subsidiaries that promote community-level solutions for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Under the direction of the Service Desk Manager, and in coordination with other Service Desk staff, responds to and resolves issues reported by VEIC’s staff related to supported technology by performing work according to established service level agreements and standard operating procedures. When directed, participates in the implementation of Infrastructure projects. Performs essential functions while contributing to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
- Responds to and resolves issues reported by VEIC’s staff related to supported software, hardware and other systems managed by the help desk team.
- Under the direction of Service Desk Manager, may participate in projects related to VEIC’s Infrastructure. Projects may necessitate working closely with team members and/or staff to understand user requirements and tasks.
- In coordination with other members of the Service Desk Team, regularly cross trains on critical systems.
- Follows privacy and security procedures while working with sensitive or confidential data during the regular conduct of their work
- Provides support to the activities of VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Education in computer sciences or experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7/8 OS strongly desired.
- Excellent oral communication skills and a proven dedication to customer service.
- Must have a desire to continue to learn about computer and network support and repair.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- High level understanding of Microsoft’s Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft’s Office Application Suite.
- Working understanding of Microsoft network technologies, Local Area Network models, and common desktop applications.
- A working knowledge of computer hardware setup and the ability to do basic hardware repair and upgrades.
- A working knowledge of peripheral equipment setup and/or maintenance including printers, copier, IP phones, cell phones, audio and video equipment, and digital cameras.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comfort with training and education of end staff.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – No travel is required.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials and computer screen. Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing of approximately 40 pounds such as files, documents, and computer equipment and materials. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboards at a moderate skill level. Repetitive motion injuries may occur. Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Brent McGlynn, HR & Facilities Coordinator, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation, 128 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 401, Burlington, VT 05401. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an intake form and you will be redirected to VEIC’s human resources page to upload your cover letter and resume. Applications due by Friday, February 21st.