Sunset Lake CBD
Harvest Specialist | Summer
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Starts: August 15, 2020
End Date: November 15, 2020
Location: Alburg, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Sunset Lake CBD is looking to hire Harvest Specialists for our upcoming 2020 harvest! Sunset Lake CBD produces high quality Pesticide-Free CBD products grown on our family farm in Alburg, VT.
- Harvest ripe hemp plants in the field and transport them to our drying facility.
- Remove plants from drying facility for trimming and storage.
- Working on a weather dependent agricultural schedule. Harvest Specialist often work 10 hour days to complete tasks on time.
- Uphold cleanliness and workplace safety standards throughout the entire harvest process
- Reports to the farm manager
Sunset Lake CBD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunset Lake CBD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Sunset Lake CBD has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Minimum background experience:
- Landscaping, gardening, farming experience is a must. This job will involve physical outdoor labor at the farm.
- Working in teams to accomplish time sensitive tasks. Harvest Specialists must thrive in large and diverse teams.
- Candidates must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to take feedback and learn quickly on the job.
Desired Skills, Attributes, Knowledge
- Working in the cannabis industry at any level. We strive to produce the highest quality hemp flower in the country, and harvest specialists care deeply about upholding these standards.
- Enthusiasm for sustainable agriculture, organic farming methods, rural economic development
- Familiarity with CBD and hemp production.
- Operating heavy equipment such as tractors, mowers, and trucks
Educational / Professional Development Outcomes
Harvest specialists are an essential part of the team and people looking to develop a career in the cannabis/hemp industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Environment / Culture
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
- Casual Dress
Emphasis on sustainable/regenerative agriculture.
Work in large diverse teams with a hard working but casual vibe.
Gain invaluable experience harvesting and processing thousands of pounds of high grade cannabis flower at a legal, certified hemp farm.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Sam Bellavance, Executive Director, Sunset Lake CBD, Alburg, VT 05440. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.