Controls Design Engineering Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Starts: May 2020
End Date: August 2020
Location: South Burlington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Hallam-ICS is a 100 person, employee-owned, Engineering, Commissioning and Control System Integration company with offices in Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and North Carolina. We are one of the largest engineering firms in Vermont as well as one of the largest controls integrators in the country. Hallam-ICS is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/V/H.
Hallam-ICS is involved in the mechanical, electrical, controls and process systems that are found in manufacturing, research and commercial buildings. Our clients include manufacturing, research, higher education, healthcare, commercial, institutional, government and municipal organizations. We are currently recruiting for a summer Controls Design Engineering Intern to work in our South Burlington, Vermont office. In this internship position, you will be working with experienced Controls Design engineers and assist the team in performing the following tasks while gaining exposure to different aspects of the engineering process:
- Design of Industrial Control Panels for Semiconductor, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Heavy Industry clients.
- Specify and select control system hardware (programmable controllers), control panel components, network switches, instruments, motor controls, and valves.
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities for retrofit projects.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure the design meets project requirements.
- Coordinate with the control panel shop and oversee panel fabrication.
- Review and quality check the designs of fellow engineers.
This internship is best suited for a student who is entering their final year of engineering study. BSEE majors are preferred.
Top Three Qualifications for Intern:
- Desire to learn/explore
- Highly motivated, ambitious, self starter
- Strong computer skills
Skills, Attributes and Knowledge Desired:
The successful candidate should possess strong technical and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with computer aided design/drafting tools is desired.
Industrial Control System (Programmable Logic Controller) programming experience a plus.
Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
The Intern will gain exposure to different aspects of the engineering process and will have the opportunity to make field visits to construction sites and gain experience using CAD software. The Intern will also have the opportunity to review calculations and written documentation.
- Sense of Community
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Business casual work environment
- Possible flexibility with work hours
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Linda Kronoff, HR Generalist/Recruiter,Hallam-ICS, Human Resources, 38 Eastwood Drive, Suite 200, South Burlington, VT 05403. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.