Abbott's Glen Naturist Inn Resort
Guest Relations Intern | ASAP
Hours Per Week: 32
Position Starts: ASAP
End Date: Has the potential to extent into a more permanent position
Location: West Halifax, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Abbott’s Glen Naturist Inn Resort is a romantic Southern Vermont Inn and naturist vacation getaway destination for any season. They are seeking a front desk receptionist for their country inn. Must have an outgoing personality and a ready smile. This opportunity provides a unique insight into the running of an 8 room country inn & campground, from computer work to guest relations. Summer is our most active season so the need is immediate. This position can extend into the fall/winter.
- Answering phone & taking reservations with our reservation system Resnexus;
- Property tours to potential guests;
- Making sure check ins receive our welcoming literature, map of property, local area map, property use guidelines;
- Stocking of all retail items for small gift shoppe & merchandising;
- Keeping gift shoppe dusted & floors clean;
- Preparing paperwork for incoming & outgoing guests;Active communication between housekeeping staff to facilitate guest needs;
- Communication with chef for smooth flow of food preferences & allergies;
- Keeping the meadow house office stocked with desk supplies;
- Posting of menus for front desk & message board;
- Keeping Carriage house refrigerator stocked with beverages;
- Occasional checking of restrooms to tidy & stock;
- May include setting tables & cutting flowers for front desk & dining tables;
- Watering of flower boxes & planters near office.
Intern must be available at the following hours: Thursday 10:30 ~ 5:30, Friday 11 ~ 7, Saturday 10 ~ 6
Sunday 8:30 ~ 5:30
Weekends a must. Hours and days may vary depending on where holidays fall. Some Mondays may be required.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Amy Abbott, Abbott’s Glen Naturist Inn Resort, 3542 VT Rt 112, West Halifax, VT 05342. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.