Vermont Department of Financial Regulation
Financial Regulation Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 40
Position Starts: June 1, 2020
End Date: 3 months
Location: Montpelier, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
As an Intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience working at The Vermont Department of Financial Regulation in Montpelier, Vermont. We are seeking three interns who will rotate through various Departments including Legal, Banking, Insurance, Captives and Securities. You will apply your educational insights and learning in a real-world regulatory setting. The Interns will be responsible for various projects under the guidance of Department leaders. The Internship will include job shadowing, reviewing regulatory rules, participating in consumer service processing of complaints, financial analysis and examination and the legal process of Financial Regulation. Ideal candidates should be detail-oriented and well organized, have a strong desire to learn and apply knowledge and have the ability to exhibit effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
This is a paid internship and we provide supervisory support required to obtain college credits if needed and permitted by your college/university.
- Current college student, preferred major: Information technology, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Law or Accounting.
- Knowledge of MS Office, ability to communicate orally and in writing and to work in a team environment.
Desired Skills, Attributes, Knowledge
Independent, Organized and Self-disciplined.
Educational/Professional Development Outcomes:
Intern will learn the work of the Department of Financial Regulation and complete assigned projects and participate in Department activities. This is an opportunity to complete meaningful work to serve Vermont consumers.
- Collaborative work
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
We value team work and are always willing to help one another.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Patricia A. Murray, Senior Rate and Forms Analyst, Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, 89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05620 – 3101. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.