Vermont Conservation Voters
Electoral Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 20
Position Starts: June 1, 2020
End Date: August 14, 2020
Location: Bennington, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
Vermont Conservation Voters – a non-partisan, non-profit statewide environmental organization – is seeking a passionate and dedicated summer intern to work in Bennington County, Vermont to help elect pro-environment champions that will advocate for better protections for our environment and the health of our communities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Conduct direct voter outreach through canvassing, phone banking, and events.
- Collaborate with our elections team to organize and run community events.
- Build and maintain relationships with volunteers and assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Communicate VCV’s values and priorities, and build relationships with other local organizations.
- Input data from voter outreach using NGP VAN software.
VCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Interest in or awareness of environmental issues in Vermont.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocating on behalf of Vermont’s people, communities, and environment.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to successfully work as part of a team, and work well independently.
- Should be friendly and have ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with those with conflicting views.
- Must have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Have availability to travel, and work nights and weekends.
Desired Skills, Attributes, Knowledge
- Comfortable being the public face of VCV in Bennington County.
Possess at least several of the following skills:
- Experience with event planning;
- Experience canvassing and/or phone banking;
- Experience with public speaking and giving presentations; and/or
- Basic knowledge of VCV’s priority issue areas: climate action, clean water, toxic chemical reforms, healthy forests, and sustainable communities.
Educational/Professional Development Outcomes
Learn about what electoral process here in Vermont and the ways that outside groups work to elect candidates.
Your application will consist of a letter of interest, resume, and three references. Please direct your cover letter to Shelden Goodwin, Political Outreach Associate, Vermont Conservation Voters, PO Box 744, Montpelier, VT 05601. Click on the ”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your letter of interest, resume, and reference list. Applications are due March 25, 2020.