Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC)
Education Opportunity Center Intern | Spring
Hours Per Week: 5
Position Starts: January 2020
End Date: May 2020
Location: Winooski, VT
Main Focus of Internship:
We are all about vision at Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC).. Help us fulfill our vison to create opportunities for all Vermont students, but particularly for those – of any age- who believe that the doors to higher education are closed to them.
VSAC seeks an Education Opportunity Center (EOC) Intern to create informational programing for local agencies serving New American families, and to promote available EOC services. Additionally, this internship will include assisting New Americans with navigating the VT Advancement Grant for driver’s licenses, and working with an EOC Counselor and the Public Relations Director to design blog content highlighting programs and program participants.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to understand and work across cultural and socioeconomic lines to deliver essential information and services.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Proficient with technology.
- Advocacy and coaching skills.
- Places high value on the education and advancement of all Vermonters.
Professional and Educational Outcomes
- Understanding of the skills required to design and deliver customized recruitment material to critical agency partners in order to increase knowledge of services provided and improve the quality of referrals for services.
- Experience a creating social media communication tool that promotes programs and program participant successes.
- Competency with federal and state financial aid applications.
- Opportunity for all workers to contribute ideas
- Sense of community
- Employee/team recognition and/or celebrations
- Independent/autonomous work
- Focus on social responsibility in the work/workplace
- Access to managers who can act as mentors
- Respect based upon accomplishments, not seniority
- Diversity valued, welcomed and encouraged
- Creative work
- Casual Dress
Applications must consist of a cover letter and resume. Interested candidates should address the cover letter to Julie Hulburd, Director of Human Resources, Vermont Student Assistance Corporation, 10 East Allen Street, Winooski VT 05404. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume.