Big E Media Group LLC
Digital Marketing Intern | Summer
Hours Per Week: 15
Position Starts: June 1, 2019
End Date: TBD
Location: Remote, with some meetings in Bennington area
Main Focus of Internship:
Big E Media Group LLC seeks a Digital Marketing Intern for summer 2019 (June through August). Big E Media is a startup marketing agency founded by content strategy expert, Erin Lyons. We provide leading-edge content strategy, content creation, and content operations to higher education, corporate, and nonprofit organizations. Current clients include Johns Hopkins University, Cornell University, Columbia University, University of Maryland, and others.
We seek an entrepreneurial communicator who is excited about new opportunities in the digital economy and curious to explore the freedom (and challenges!) of remote work. You will gain valuable training in a highly portable, in-demand skill set, as well as mentorship in launching your own freelance or remote work career in digital communications.
The Digital Marketing Intern may assist in:
- Building and updating web pages as part of our redesign project;
- Writing, editing and proofreading content for various client projects;
- Developing brand style guide, key messages, and brand positioning for Big E Media or clients;
- Assisting in the creation of information architectures and sitemaps for large, 1000+-page websites
- Writing and procuring content for Big E Media products and content marketing;
- Conducting online research for special projects;
- Procuring and editing images for various projects;
- Compiling research from marketing experts and thought leaders to help create best practices;
- Writing strategy reports based on your own original research into new business opportunities;
- Setting up digital analytics accounts and assisting in tracking and report production;
- Assisting with client proposals, contracts, and other correspondence as needed.
- Applicants must have impeccable writing skills, a keen understanding of grammar and style, and a vehement hatred of typos.
- Must also be able to work independently and reliably meet deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs and Sheets is a must.
- Knowledge and experience with common web applications/platforms such as Mailchimp, Squarespace, WordPress, Google Analytics, or other tools is a plus but not required.
- A major in English, Marketing, Communications, or a similar discipline is desirable, but we will consider candidates from any major if they can demonstrate exceptional writing ability.
- High school-aged candidates may apply as well if they can demonstrate exceptional writing ability and work ethic.
Your application will consist of a cover letter and resume. Please direct your cover letter to Erin Lyons, Writer & Content Strategist, Big E Media Group LLC. Click on the”Apply” button on this page to complete an application form and upload your cover letter and resume. Position is available until filled.